Chapter 6 - Let The Show Begin

-

Before they even noticed, they were already in front of a huge movie theater, which appeared to be the palace they had just entered.
Looking around and at their own outfits, the Thieves locked eyes again; it seemed like they weren't a threat for him yet, so they hadn't transformed to their thievery clothes. Then after taking a few breaths and calming down, they nodded in agreement and stepped inside, one after the other.

Inside the theater, it was rather quiet and the atmosphere seemed to thicken slightly. The walls had a nice calming shade of blue, while the floor was dark and a bit bland-looking. As they stepped further through the halls, they found a room; it looked like a main lobby, with different paths to numbered rooms.

As the group finished looking around, they wanted to discuss where to go first.
But before even one could open their mouth, a shadow that seemed very familiar appeared next to them. To their surprise although, it didn't attack; instead, it guided them to one of the paths. It opened the barrier and beckoned them to follow.

With hesitation in their eyes they all looked over to Makoto, since she always knew what to do when their leader, for whatever reason, didn't have an answer or wasn't with them.

"We should follow him.", the brunette decided after thinking for a bit and the rest nodded once more. Following the shadow, they soon reached another room. But suddenly, it locked the door behind them, and they heard a familiar chuckle.

"What the- is that-", Ryuji couldn't even finish his sentence, because who they had already figured would show up, just appeared in front of them. Landing near the thieves, which had just changed into their usual attires within the blue flames of rebellion, Akira's Shadow, or to say it shorter, 𝘑𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘳, gave another chuckle as he moved his hand away from his face which was covered in a mask.

His outfit looked quite similar to his usual phantom thief outfit, but the white mask, which now covered more of his face, had longer 'lashes' and a few red tints as a reference to his original persona, Arséne, and for that his desires have become distorted. The outfit also reminded a bit of an Actor, who would never get out of his role.

"You-" Panther, who had just transformed like the others, tried to say something, but as soon as she finished the first word she already got interrupted by a loud "Shh".
Looking up, Joker gave a wide grin "Now, let a man speak in his theater. Since you've found me, why don't we play a game?", his voice sounded very amused as he spoke these words, but you could also hear much sorrow in it, which he hid.

The room had went to complete silence for a bit, but then one of the thieves stopped the silence and asked the question that was going on in all their minds, "What game?" Fox asked their corrupted leader's shadow with his somehow calm nature.

After that question being said, Joker had to grin again, it was kinda funny to hear them ask a question with such a simple answer "Shouldn't the phantom thieves know?" he stepped closer to the thieves and his amused expression changed to a slight frown "Find everything out, like you always do"

The frown turned into a grin again as he turned around "You'll have 3 weeks to win this game, do your best." he chuckled again and moved his hands up into the air;

"𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯!"