Chapter 4: RIP to the Ryder Jeep

Chapter 4

“You know what, I’m so glad that we’re doing this.” I smiled, sitting down on Nicole’s floor.

“Me too.” Grace nodded enthusiastically. “We missed you so much over the summer.” She added, sitting down next to me. 

“I know right, plus it’s been weird with the whole dating stuff.” Nicole laughed, flipping through her magazine. “So! What’s the story with you and Logan?” 

“Oh my gosh I’m not going into detail about that right now. All I know is that we’re friends or whatever and I’m not doing anything to ruin that.” I shook my head, reaching for my phone as it started buzzing. 

“Ooh speak of the devil.” I laughed, pushing my phone aside without reading the message from Logan. 

“You aren’t going to read it?” Grace questioned, flipping through her magazine just like Nicole was. 

“Hell no.” I laughed. “We’ve been practically at each other’s throats all week. It’s either a sext or him getting pissed at me.” I shrugged, reaching for a magazine from the stack on the floor. 

“Oooh.” Nicole giggled, giving me a look. 

“No it’s not as ‘oooh’ as it sounds.” I shook my head. “Because sure we’ve been flirting and the sexual tension is damn suffocating, but nothing’s happening and it’s frustrating!” 

“I think we need to watch a Nicholas Sparks movie.” Grace announced, pulling Nicole’s laptop towards us. 

“Agreed.” I nodded. “I vote on Safe Haven.” 

“Yes oh my gosh yes.” 

~*~*~

My phone went off again as I climbed into the Jeep. 

I’d completely forgotten about the text from Logan earlier. 

I turned on the car, blasting the air conditioning as I grabbed my phone to read the multiple texts. They were all from Logan…

*Football field @6* - 4:32

I frowned, looking at the clock. It was already 5:45…

*Look, I know you probably don’t want to see me but I really have a lot of things to talk to you about…* - 4:59

*Marley…?* - 5:15

*Okay I get it I’m the last person you want to talk to but is ignoring me really that necessary?* - 5:38

*Just meet me at the football field at 6. I’ll explain…* - 5:46

I sighed, tossing my phone onto the passenger seat before pulling out of the parking space. 

Should I even bother going? What did he have to say to me?

I turned up the radio to clear my head as I drove towards the school. It wouldn’t hurt to head in the general direction, just incase I decided to go.
I was cruising down Big Beaver, blasting Fall Out Boy with all of the windows rolled down. 

A smile crossed my face. I was actually going to see Logan. And we’d talk about things… And we’d flirt… And we’d kiss and make up and everything would be perfect. 

Because Logan and I would be perfect. Hell, we are perfect. 

“You will remember me!!!! For centuries!!!” I sang at the top of my lungs, bouncing along in my seat to the music. “Some legends are told! Some turn to dust some to gold! But you will remember me!!! Remember me! For centuries!”