Chapter 4: Start Over

Start from the beginning

"This building? The whole building? The gallery?"

"Yes. It was not a gallery originally. After my grandfather passed away, I decided to convert it and give a good use to this building. An art gallery was the only thing I could think of because he loved art. And well, it wouldn't hurt to live here since it's such a nice area, so I transformed the top floor into this loft and moved in."

"Wow. It's... a really nice place."

Jisoo watched as the small grin on Jennie's lips turned into a smile and she couldn't help but smile back. She looked around again and, as she turned back to face the brunette, she saw that the girl was still staring at her with a smile. She felt a bit awkward and at the same time she felt bad for being so harsh with the girl previously.

"I better go change then," she said, taking the towel and tops from Jennie's hands and walking towards the bathroom.

She closed the door behind her and looked around again. The bathroom wasn't too big but it was big enough for a bathtub and a cupboard as well as toilet and sink. She took her top off and used the towel to dry the wine, placing her stained top on the sink and putting one of the clean tops on. She looked in the mirror and fixed her hair a bit before turning to the door again and leaving the room.

"Hey, do you have a bag I can put the dirty top?" Jisoo asked as she approached Jennie, who stared out the window.

The brunette turned to face her and took the towel and dirty top from her hands with a smile.

"I'll take care of that."

"Thanks," Jisoo looked down, still feeling slightly uneasy.

She watched as Jennie put the dirty fabrics away and walked back towards her.

"It looks nice on you..." the brunette said. "...the top."

Jisoo felt her cheeks going warm and faced the floor.

"Thank you," she said timidly.

"You're an artist yourself, then?"

Jisoo looked back at her not quite understanding why the girl would be interested in chatting to her after she was so rude to her.

"Yea. Well, trying to be."

She stared at the brunette who still held a smile on her face.

"Well, we better go back downstairs then. I wouldn't want to keep you from appreciating good art. And Mino can definitely provide us with good art!" the brunette said, excited.

"You know Song Mino?"

"He was my grandfather's best friend. They went to university together and my grandfather helped him a lot when he was starting. It's because of them that got interested in art but I'm hopeless with a pencil," the brunette giggled. "Anyway, he will be here soon, I can introduce you, if you want."

Jisoo's eyes grew wider. Of course she wanted to meet him. Song Mino was one of her favourite local artists and an inspiration for her.

"You... don't have to do this," she said awkwardly.

"Don't be silly, I'm sure he will be delighted to meet you. Let's go."

The raven felt Jennie grabbing her arm again and pulling her towards the door. She took a deep breath and let herself be pulled, not noticing the smile that grew on her face.

~

"There he is," Jennie whispered in Jisoo's ears, causing her to feel goosebumps on the back of her neck.

She turned her head to look at the tall old man who was chatting to a few journalists. The raven followed Jennie as she approached the group.

"Mino! I'm so glad you're here," Jisoo watched as the brunette hugged the man and kissed him on the cheek.