Let me tell you a story

*Clay POV*

I woke up in a hospital bed, which honestly didn't surprise me at all. Ever since I've entered UA, I seemed to have a thing with hospital beds. I wonder why?

"Ah, you're awake." Someone said, it was Notch. He was wearing a somewhat casual attire, with a stylish brown trench coat for some reason. 

"Oh, hello Notch. Did I miss anything?" I asked. 

"Well not really. Other than the fact that you supposedly took on a potential villain attack by yourself." Notch said. 

"In my defence, I was left unsupervised." I said. 

"What about Tubbo and Nikki?" 

"In their defence, they were also left unsupervised." 

Notch placed his hand onto his forehead and sighed... in relief?

"I'm just glad you survived." Notch said as he placed his other hand on my shoulder. 

That's when suddenly, a photo dropped out of Notch's sleeve and onto my hospital bed. Notch tried to pick up it quickly, but I was quicker. I managed to grab the picture and took a good solid minute to observe the content on the photo.

The photo showed three individuals. The one on the left was Notch, who looked 20 years younger than the current. Also, who knew he was bald since his teenage years. The one in the middle was a person who had red hair dressed in a ponytail and finally, the one on the right was a slightly tanned-skinned man with short brown hair and glowing white eyes. 

"Notch, who are the other two in the picture? Are they your friends?" I asked. 

"They were." Notch sighed. "Let me tell you a story, Clay." 

"As you can see, the one on the left is obviously me. The one in the middle was a guy named Jeb and the one on the right was Brine. The three of us were friends since infancy and did everything together. Heck, we even got into UA together and throughout the years, we were called 'The Trio', 'The Dream Team' and 'The Big 3'. Everyone were convinced that the three of us were going to become the best heroes this world has ever seen. Until... 'That' happened." Notch explained. 

"What's 'that'?" I asked. 

"I'll tell you another time, okay? Anyway, I heard your hero costume got wrecked." Notch chuckled. 

"You can't expect me and my overalls to come out in one piece from a fight like that." I replied. 

"Ahahaha, I'm just messing with ya. Anyway, I contacted a friend of mine and he said he was happy to make you a new hero costume." Notch said. 

"Really? Do I get to pick the design?" I asked. 

"No." Notch replied. 

"Oh, well that's a killjoy." I sighed. 

"Don't worry, this guy's the best hero costume maker I've ever known. I'm confident he won't disappoint." Notch said confidently. 

"I'll take your word for that." I replied. 

"Welp, I won't bug you any longer. Get some rest." Notch said as he got up from his seat and left the room.