chapter 1

"This is the last fucking time that you will put our family through hell!" my mom was furiously screaming at me.

"What are you gonna do? I-I'm your fucking daughter." I replied hesitantly. I did deserve to be yelled at for what I did, but I've never seen her get this infuriated with me. My friends and I decided to sneak out and spray paint a whole church. My mom knows I'm not a perfect kid, but I think this is the first time that she realized I'm mentally fucked up.

"That's it. I'm sending you to California for however long it takes you to shape up. You can live with your aunt. Maybe she can help you get your life together."

To be completely honest, I would rather live with anyone else besides my mom. So, I didn't fight her back when she made that comment. I've always wanted to get away from this small ass town and live on the west coast anyway.
"Pack your stuff tonight. I'm booking a flight for tomorrow morning. I can't fucking stand you anymore," tears started running down my mother's face. She deserves it. That comment hurt me, really bad. We used to have such a good relationship. We would watch movies and shop together. But, ever since I came out to her as bisexual, she hasn't wanted to talk to me.

I ran up to my room stomping on the steps just so my mom could hear me. I grabbed my luggage back and started throwing my favorite clothes into it. The bag isn't big enough for all of my clothes, so I just packed as much as I could.

I'm pretty sure I got 30 minutes of sleep last night, but I guess I'll sleep on the flight to Los Angeles. My mom drove me herself to the airport since we had no one else in the family. I was an only child and my dad walked out on my mom and I when I was two. The whole car ride I could tell my mom was trying to hold tears back. I couldn't tell if it was tears because she was so furious with me, or if she was actually sad to see me go.

At the airport, I opened the trunk of the car and pulled out my bag and my skateboard. I looked at my mom who was staring straight down at the steering wheel. "Bye, mom. I uhm... I l-love you." I fought back tears. My mom used to be my bestest friend that I would tell everything to.

She took one long glance at me and then drove off swiftly. Ouch. That hurt really bad.
I got through security after about an hour of waiting in line. I got to the gate pretty early, so I checked my phone to see if anyone had answered my text. I texted all my friends that my mom was sending me away. I don't think they care since they all have their own shit happening.

I got on the plane with tears slowly strolling down my face, but no one could care less. I was just a 14 year old girl with unbrushed, long hair wearing a huge oversized hoodie and baggy ripped jeans. The plane ride was average. Crying babies, old men snoring, disgusting snacks, and no comfortable sleeping positions.
When the plane landed, I was excited. Excited for a new start, new friends, and just a brand new area to try not to fuck up.