chapter one- patrol run around the cave

(The title picture credit goes to it's rightful owner!)

It has been not too much time passed since the female guardian left her spot to go on patrol, it was a usual thing to do for her, as she had her route around the cave, there were always humans who would wanna get in there to steal the caves precious crystals, though they only existed because she did. She was the guardian of the crystals all around the cave. Anyone who dared to enter the cave wouldn't end in a good way, she was protective of it. She didn't live alone there. There was another guardian living in the cave, while she was the guardian of the crystals, her cavemate dante was the guardian of the whole cave, every inch of it was under his watch, besides catori, he hates when other mythical creature or definitely humans would go in there, having no mercy with them. Anyone who would enter the cave, surely awaited death. Catori ran through the underground of the cave '....if i catch anyone here they'll be sure to be burned meat..' She thought, the echo of her paws who touched the ground while running. She had no problem running for hours, sometimes she would walk when it seemed like there was something.

She then kept running, looking carefully , she took hours to run around her cave route. The female guardian finally came to her last spot "...hm...nothing here today..better for dante and me..i should get back to him.." She said to herself before she ran all the way back , taking all turns she took until she got back to dante, who just came back a few minutes earlier from his own patrol. He saw light along the cave wall and knew it was catori. Her flames glowing as bright as ever. "Anything suspicious on your route today..?" He asked , looking at the other creature. Catori kinda shook her head "no, nothing..everything was clean" she said calmly "and on your patrol?" She asked looking at him. Dante had been on patrol outside the whole cave and inside the parts where not much crystals were but still a few for lights.
Dante growled a bit at his memory "..there were humans outside the cave, a few kilometres north from here....probably mine workers to let themselves down here.." He said, his marks on his mask glowing yellow for danger in this case "there were many.." He added. Catori was shocked, they came to get crystals, and not less. "..we gotta do all to protect our cave.." She said. Dante nodded. Meanwhile at the humans rest place. They were sitting at a bonfire, grilling their food and talked. "I've heard rumours about this cave and forest up the mountain..".

"What kind of rumours?..it's a cave like every other..we have been to plenty already and made big money with what we found" another guy exclaimed chuckling. The other looked at him "it's going around the rumours that since over thousand years, there are living three almost mythical creatures who protect the cave , crystals and forest ever since many years. Their names from what i heard were dante, catori and deamox. Dante the guardiam of the caves, Catori the guardian of the crystals and deamox the guardian of the forest. No one ever came out alive or was ever seen again after entering the forest..it's also said that the ones who died, their bones are spread all near the cave..to have us a warning not to go there.." He said, the others listening to him "no one has ever got an eye on them, and the ones who did, ended dead.." He continued "the only person who has ever seen them was an older woman many many years back..she was pure in all ways..it's said that she got lost in the cave and when she didn't find a way out, one of the guardians had helped her, sparing her from death, but once she was out, she told around on what she saw..yet only a few people believed her...through breaking the rules ..she lost her life" he said "the guardian of the forest made sure she wouldn't leave the forest all healthy..only to protect the forest and everything in it's corner...so we need to be clearly careful not to come across one of th se three" he finished. The others looked at him, mixed expressions. But mostly determined to still get the crystals. It was late and so they all soon went to sleep. Meanwhile back at the cave...catori had been talking with dante before she went to her sleeping spot and so did dante...deep in the forest deamox was just having finished his own patrol and went to his own spot. He and catori were friends though, because sometimes catori would go out of the cave to have a nice walk in the forest and talk to deamox. It was late as deamox also went to sleep.
_____________________________________