dreaming of a certain serpent

Hey guys, sorry for being so late on uploading the next chapter. I was so busy the previous months at the office with all these covid19 shit, and was a part of the covid19 team so my hands are full that's why. Anyways, i am still grateful for those reads and votes from the last chapter i have written. Now, here's the next one. 😊

(Hermione's POV)

What a bummer.

That was the line repeating inside my head for over ten times now. Yes, I am pretty much annoyed with George but that doesn't mean that this camp being canceled would make me the happiest.

I was walking slowly behind Madam Hooch while listening to Cho and Smith talking about the recent events that took place. Draco was quiet, a scowl plastered on his face. A few bits of hair were covering his left eye and he was twirling his wand on his fingers.
George was fuming mad, and chose to stay silent.
Just as we were about to enter the castle, Harry and Ron came running towards me from Hagrid's hut and engulfed me in a big, tight hug. I smiled at them and silently thanked the Gods above for these two wonderful best friends that never failed to comfort me in my worse times.

"Don't I get a smile?''George butted in.

"Sod off, George. " Ron muttered and I just raised my eyebrows at him.

George rolled his eyes and then went to find Lee.

I was not able to witness where the other players went off to but caught a glimpse of Draco talking to Pansy the bulldog.

The thought of him helping me get my wand earlier and his words of insult once again crossed my mind briefly and I recalled his piercing, grey eyes that were so mysterious.

"I'm famished. I just want to eat this out. I am terribly annoyed with this camp being cancelled. Those good for nothing death eaters! I think, You know who is out there right now. The dark mark was all over the sky at the venue of the camp, Harry!" I blurted out and when I stopped, I paused to catch my breath.

"Tell us what happened. " Harry asked.

Ron was all ears too.

"In the great hall then, i want to eat. NOW. "

Both boys shrugged and agreed to head there. I am pretty sure Ron was itching to go to the great hall too. He is hungry all the time.

We walked briskly to the Great Hall, fully aware that these two were so eager to listen to what happened. I, too, am so eager to let this all out, but with food in front of me too.

We sat down at the benches and helped ourselves to the delicious meal the elves had prepared. I, then, prepared myself for all the questions and commentaries from my two best friends.

I launched myself talking nonstop filling them in with every detail of what happened. I was so engrossed in the conversation when my eyes accidentally landed on a certain, arrogant, blonde haired Slytherin, sipping on his cup. He looked bored, Crabbe and Goyle on either side of him, eating ferociously.

"Earth to Hermione!" Ron muttered from across the table.

Harry followed where my eyes were landed on, and asked me, annoyed.

"Did he pester you or something?"

I quickly averted my eyes to the Gryffindor table and shrugged.

"Yeah, earlier. But that was nothing, really. I'm used to it. '' I replied while I tried to replay the scenario from earlier.

"Just ignore him. " I added then tried to change the subject.

Ron and Harry weren't really paying attention to my awkwardness , thank Merlin.

We talked some more then we decided to retire to our beds since we were all exhausted.

Ron and Harry were walking ahead of me and I was just staring at my feet while I walk, when suddenly a red spark came out of nowhere, then changed into emerald green sparks, a second passed then a piece of paper came out of thin air and zoomed quickly into my hands. Ron and Harry were not paying attention to me and were gossipping amongst themselves so they were not able to see the piece of paper. I opened it up and saw only two words scrawled onto the paper.

WANNA PLAY?

That's just it. I can note that the ink was green and the handwriting was written carefully and elegantly.

My eyebrows furrowed at the piece of paper, and looked around. Trying to see if someone was messing with me or just someone who is trying to flirt with me.

I rolled my eyes and comtinued to walk. The piece of paper still clutched in my right hand.

But then I thought better of it. I summoned up a quill and a little piece of paper, wrote a YEAH, then charmed it just like the way the piece of paper that was zoomed into my hands was charmed. I didn't look back but heard a shuffle behind. Ron and Harry were long gone, those idiots never noticed I was left behind.

I grinned as I ascended the stairs up to my dorm.

I was fascinated with that certain student who bothered to play with me using that piece of paper. Then grey eyes boring into mine suddenly flashed in my head. Then, a redhead.

Damn, I was so preoccupied to even think about my boyfriend. Let alone see him after I got back from the cancelled camp.

I sighed and decided to just see him first thing tomorrow morning before I attend my first class.

Ginny greeted me when I closed the door and asked if I saw Fred.

"Nahh, I was so tired today. Maybe tomorrow. " I answered.

" That's okay 'mione, you need to rest. " Ginny murmured while pulling the blankets close to her chest.

"Good night, Ginny. "

"Night, 'Mione. "

I prepared for bed, a little curious to the charmed paper and very curious to Malfoy's behavior. A little worried because I did not make an effort to see Fred, but all in all, I was so tired, and disappointed, given that the Death Eaters stormed into the camp and had it cancelled.

"Nox." I muttered as the light went off on my bedside table.

I was staring into the dark room, had all the events of the day replayed.

Then I screamed.

Draco Malfoy was sitting on the left side of my bed. He was wearing silky green pajamas and his blonde hair was shining, the moonlight bouncing off his hair. His grey eyes were looking softly into mine and he was holding a wand.

A wand that looked exactly like mine.

"HOW DID YOU GET IN?!" I exclaimed, stunned, because no one was waking up. Can't the girls hear me or Malfoy?

"Granger, I... " Malfoy murmured and tried to reach out to me.

"Stay away you little snake! "

"I'm not going to hurt you, Granger. " He whispered, and held my arm. He pushed me close to him and I was just stunned, not moving a muscle. Letting him take control of me. I feel so dumb. His face was so close to mine now, his grey eyes were even beautiful up close, his porcelain skin glowing and his lips were looking weirdly pink.

Wait, what? Did I just supplied the adjective 'beautiful' for his cold, grey eyes?

Draco breathed into my face and I fainted.

The next thing I knew when I opened my eyes, sunlight was already pouring into the room. Ginny and the girls were getting read for achool.

"I dreamt of Malfoy. " I whispered, a look of horror plastered on my face. My heart was beating so fast, I swear it's wanting to come out of my chest.