Can't Wait

Chapter 6 

The following morning, Hermione got up early of bed recalling that today at 5pm in the afternoon, there will be a gryffindor quiiditch tryout for chasers.She took a shower, dressed then went down the common room to meet with Fred. When she got down, Fred was still not there so she sat at one of the chairs and then began to read her History of Hogwarts book while waiting for her boyfriend. A moment later, Fred descended the stairs and went over to give Hermione a kiss on her cheek.

" Morning, love. " Fred said as she ruffled Hermione's brunette curly hair.

" Good morning to you too, love. " Hermione replied.

Hermione  took Fred's hand and then both of them went outside to proceed and eat their breakfast at the Great Hall.

As they were walking the second floor corridor, they saw  Snape coming their way in his usual sneer, black billowing robes, and greasy hair. Both of them muttered a quick " good morning" then they hurried past him. 

When they entered the Great Hall, they caught sight of Harry and Ginny both giggling like little kids while chewing on their bacon. The looks they were sharing with each other clearly mean that something is going on between them.

Fred opened up the topic and Hermione cheerily responded to him. Saying, that from the start Ginny and Harry would make a good pair.

When they approached, Ginny and Harry started to look away from each other. Hermione greeted them and they replied a pair of "good mornings"  too.

Ron was not looking up from his strawberry pudding and Hermione found him amusing. He smacked Ron's arm and Ron finally looked up from his pudding.

" What? " He asked stupidly.

" You are so busy with your pudding, huh? And.. how's Luna by the way?" Hermione teased.

" Yeah because I'm hungry. And luna's fine. thanks for asking. " ron replied, as soon as he said Luna's name, his cheeks flushed.

Hermione just smiled at him and then she turned to Fred and began to make out with him. Some were looking at them but she ignored them. She's not ashamed to let the others see how she expressed her love to Fred.

Fred told Hermione to resume their makeout session later because they have to finish their breakfast first. Hermione agreed and began to dig in, in her bacons and toast.

After they were finished eating their breakfast, hermione kissed Fred once more and proceeded to their first class this morning, Potions with her best friends Harry and Ron.

In the dungeons, Snape began his lecture on a new potion. Hermione's thoughts were away from Snape and the  new potion as she was picturing herself flying on a broom, confettis showereing oover her as she waved a trophy mid air. Harry and Ron congratulating her, Ginny cheering for her and Fred so proud of her. Unaware, Snape was standing before her, giving her a stern look. Harry nudged her forearm and she shook the pleasan thoughts away as she gasped when she saw Snape glowering on her.

" I'm sorry Proffessor. I got lost. " Hermione murmured as she turned her attention on the book propped open on their desk.

" Pay attention Granger or you'll get a C in your participation in class. 20 points from Gryffindor for insulting me and not listening to the new lesson." Snape drawled and then paced towards the board to continue his boring lecture.

Hermione bit her lip and casted a glance to every gryffindor in the room, sorry showing in her eyes. The slytherins were laughing and Malfoy was whooping. Curse that ferret. Hermione thought as she threw Malfoy a sharp look.

" Sorry, Harry.. Ron.. " Hermione whispered but her best friends said it was okay and happens all the time. 

Ron smirked and muttered, " You're dreaming about Fred making out with you? "

Harry threw back his head and chuckled silently.

Hermione hit their hands with her quill and said, " Am not! "

" Dreaming about the star chaser instead, eh?" Harry suggested and Hermione smiled.

They silenced when Snape threw them a cold look.

Next class, was Charms with Proffessor Flitwick and Hermione losed her attention to the discussion again. Prof. Flitwick interrupted her daydreaming for about 5 times. But her best friends just laughed at her. 

Herbology came next and Neville got all the 20 points for gryffindor becaus he answered all prof. Sprout's questions. Hermione still busy imagining, as a star player. god, she didnt know she was into this. into quidditch.

Defense against the Dark Arts passed in a blur. Prof. Lupin taught them about Inferi but Hermione was clearly not listening. 

The last class of the day was Transfiguration. They were trying to turn a cat into a  robe and Hermione failed for the first time. McGonagall was surprised and she asked Hermione. But Hermione just smiled sheepishly at her and she replied it was because she was busy thinking about the tryouts later. McGonagall's eyes widened, she patted hermione's back and told her to do her best. Hermione rolled her eyes and giggled.

When the class was dismissed, they filed out the room and she found Fred leaning on the wall beside the door. The trio stopped walking.

" So.. are you ready now love? " fred asked, smiling,

Hermione's heart did a somersault and replied, " Yes I am. " 

Fred leaned down and kissed her. The two boys rolled their eyes and walked away saying, " We are not suppose to be here. "

When Fred and Hermione broke apart they went back to the gryffindor common room to change in  new set of clothes that would suit them while playing quidditch.