Chapter 24

Chapter 24

It's my 13th birthday today! The date is August 11 and all of the maids even Lina is busy in preparation.

I said to my mom that it's not necessary for me to have a grand celebration of my birthday because I don't want many guests. I'm sure father is in favor of it because he doesn't give a fvck about me.

Well, it's still early in the morning and I have time to jog around the mansion. Even though it's my birthday, I couldn't rest. I must be on guard every time, I can't let my guard down. Father is acting suspicious lately, I don't know what he was plotting.

When I got tired of jogging, I sat down under the tree beside the garden, this tree is my comfort zone because it's so peaceful here. I warm breeze of wind passed through me an it blows away my hair.

I'm thirteen now huh, five years from now the tragedy will soon going to happen. I must to everything to prevent that from happening.

"Miss"

I looked from afar and saw Lina calling me.

"I'm here!" I shouted

Lina heard my voice and immediately ran towards me. She stopped in my front and catch her breath.

"Miss, let's go back to your room. You must be prepared now" she said

"Okay!" I said with a smile

She smiled back at me and I hold her hands while we're returning to my room.

"Miss, it's your birthday today you must enjoy it. Later, many guests will greet you so you must be beautiful" she said

I chuckled for a moment and smiled.

"Of course, no one compares to my beauty anyway" I joked

  Wala pa naman yung chaka kong kapatid kaya enjoying ko muna. At hindi ko rin naman hahayaang agawin niya ang spotlight sakin.

When we already in my room, Lina prepared my bath for me and prepare my dress and everything. After I finished bathing, she helped my to wear the dress that we bought in Vali. Then, she braided the little part of my upper hair and do a little make up on me. When she's finished, I looked at the mirror.

Suddenly, a weird sparklings and glitters appeared when I looked in the mirror.

  Damn, I was really beautiful even though I'm still a kid. When I turn 18, I will become more beautiful.

"Happy birthday, Miss"

Humarap ako kay Lina nang bigla siyang nagsalita. Nakangiti Ito ay may maliit na kahon siyang inaabot sa akin.

"Thank you, Lina!" tugon ko at tinanggap yung maliit na kahon

Nang buksan ko ito, namangha ako nang makita ang isang pares ng hikaw at kakulay ito ng mga mata ko.

"Uhmmm... I bought it in Vali when we're going shopping. I'd thought you'd like it so I bought it" nahihiya niyang wika

It looks so defined and elegant. Siguro mamahaling hikaw ito, but why would she spend a lot of money for my gift?

"It looks so expensive, how much is this?" tanong ko

"I-It's just 200,000 cers miss. You think it's very cheap? I-It's only thing that I could buy so I'm sorr---"

Bago paman siya magsalita ay niyakap ko na siya habang naluluha.

"Thank you Lina... It's beautiful.." lumuluha kong wika

100,000 cers is her salary for the half of the year! Why would she spend that money for me? Lina... Lina truly cares for me. In my past life, she always gifting me but I always throw it away. I didn't know that she's saving her own money for that.