Memoire 47

Okay before I get into it dudes I just want to say holy fuck, this chapter. I know Jun Mochizuki, trust me I've read all her works, but this was such a shocking read. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, because obviously it was the intent, but it made me deeply uncomfortable. I know Mochijun writes dark and tragic stories, I knew going in that Noé was going to be dealing with some heavy stuff this chapter. But not once did I see the Misha blood drinking scene coming.

Again, not saying it's bad. It did make me feel incredibly uncomfortable but not in an 'oh the author is being weird/gross' kinda way. More an 'oh shit this is fucked up' kinda way. Because, while reading the scene was quite confronting to say the least, I found that afterwards I was kind of excited to see where the story goes. But I do understand that some people can't quite parse this chapter and that they feel Mochijun overstepped a line.

I personally have been mulling it over since I saw the raws, trying to work out what my opinion is. But in the end I've not only accepted the scene but believe there to be merit in it being so in your face. I like when stories I read present me with somewhat distressing content. Of course I do draw the line somewhere, but the scene in question only made me reflect for a while on whether it was appropriate. I wasn't able to outright denounce it. And I only spent so long thinking about it because I wasn't offended by it and thought that maybe I should be. Because the way Misha himself was presented didn't feel exploitative (to me) and the fact that Misha is the one who 'initiated' while also threatening the life of Domi it managed to toe the line of being something too uncomfortable for me to read and something dark enough to make me eager for more. Idk though, I'm genuinely interested in how other people felt about it because I genuinely had to have a long think about it myself. Anyway, on to actually talking about the chapter!

First up, Luca and Jeanne!

Okay, I just want to say. Mochijun got me. I've only been tentatively starting to like Vanijeanne a little but this broke me. It was just so cute. I fully support them now and Jeanne's agenda of being Vani's prince.

 I fully support them now and Jeanne's agenda of being Vani's prince

There's a ceremony coming up that's important to Luca. I can't really speculate on what this ceremony is but I expect we'll find out later.

 I can't really speculate on what this ceremony is but I expect we'll find out later