𝟏.𝟐𝟐. 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆

Start from the beginning

"Allaia, just close your eyes." Bellamy pleaded shakily, listening to her unceasing sobs in misery. 

"You're so brave, aren't you?" Murphy sneered tauntingly. "I mean, you came in here thinking you were gonna turn this whole thing around. That you were stronger than me, that maybe one of your friends would help you, that you would save your precious girlfriend." A wicked smirk appeared on his lips. "Well, what are you thinking now, Bellamy? Hm?"

   Murphy yanked on the belt once again, increasing the density of the loop around Bellamy's neck to the point when his feet barely touched the crate beneath. Bellamy paled, blood draining from his face at the perspective of suffocating which was about to morph into reality to his unadulterated terror. Allaia whimpered at the strangled gasps erupting from his mouth as he choked, tears bursting from her eyes and spilling down her face.

"You know, I gotta hand it to you, Bellamy. You got'em all fooled." Murphy taunted, grinning at him derisively. "They actually look up to you. Almost as much as they look up to Allaia or Clarke. Yeah, but we know the truth, don't we? You're a coward." He stated. "I learned that the day you kicked out the crate from beneath me. Isn't that what you said? That you were just giving the people what they wanted, right?"

"I should've stopped them." Bellamy admitted quietly, with no emotion audible in his impassive tone, his eyes astray in Allaia's teary cast. 

Murphy sneered. "Yeah, it's a little late for that."

"How does this end for you, Murphy?" Bellamy tried a different approach. "You think they're just gonna let you walk out of here?"

"Well, I think the princess is dead. I know the king is about to die, and his queen will lose all her power, so who's really gonna lead these people huh?" Murphy chuckled cunningly, drawing close Bellamy. "Me. That's who. And yeah, maybe I'll have to kill your Grounder-pounding little sister—"

   His words ignited Bellamy's rage like a gasoline, bursting with flames of wrath instigating depths of his soul. Rapidly, Bellamy kicked Murphy out of fury alight in his glimpse, his foot slamming against his chest. Murphy stumbled backwards, reaching for the rope and ruthlessly tugging the end of the seatbelt down. Bellamy's silhouette unwittingly arose, tips of his toes merely grazing the crate beneath him as he choked due to the lack of air in his lungs. 

A sudden shriek from somewhere below echoed around the drop ship.

"I'm guessing that's her right now." Murphy smirked victoriously, firing several bullets into the floor.

  Multiple aimless shots pierced through the ground until Murphy attempted to reload the weapon. A slight click resonated into the air, signalizing that the ammunition ran out from the clip. Bellamy took advantage of Murphy's distraction, fiercely struggling against the restraints. Upon noticing it, Murphy lunged forward, not to allow his hostage to set free.

   Mercilessly, Murphy kicked the stool from underneath Bellamy's feet, causing him to limply swing in the air. The noose around his neck tightened, becoming unbearably rigid and severing his access to the oxygen. Vaguely, with undiluted desperation radiating from Bellamy's eyes, his hands yanked at the seatbelt, trying to loosen it up, so he could inhale the slightest quantity of breath, but to no avail — the rope kept narrowing, almost twisting his neck.

"BELLAMY, NO!" Allaia screamed, her emotions tumbling down into decay and chaos as she madly strained against the bindings holding her still, unable to move. "Murphy, you fucking bastard, cut him down!" Storms of frantic sobbing filled with roughness tore from her throat. 

   Array of tears cascaded down her face like a brisk waterfall, blurring her vision, as she powerlessly watched Bellamy choke, writhing under the iron grip of the string hoisting his numb body. Allaia's screams were so vehement that she may have ripped her vocal cords to shreds. She cried in agony setting her senses ablaze, helplessly watching him suffocate, feeling as if a viper had squeezed her neck within its lethal grasp, strangling her in the exact same intensity. It was as if their bodies were linked by a spell, since Allaia could have sworn she felt his pain, an ocean of unknowable depths of the suffering, shattering her soul beyond reckoning. Vacant gasps erupting from Bellamy's mouth as he hyperventilated and tugged on the loop echoed in Allaia's mind on a cruel replay, torturing her on a cruel repeat.