𝟏.𝟔. 𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐆

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓/𝟏.𝟔.
☆ ACID FOG ☆
"𝓓𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼."

☆꧁*꧂☆

   JASPER'S PAINFUL MOANS echoed through the thick walls of the drop ship. His whines were irritating teenagers outside who couldn't rest properly since his loud groans full of ache were keeping them all restless, unable to fall asleep because of the noise. Allaia was crouching next to the injured boy, using a watch to admeasure seconds in order to establish his pulse.

"His pulse is thready." She muttered to herself.

"Shut that kid up." Someone yelled, annoyed, when Jasper's cries even intensified.

"Quiet!" Another voice hissed.

"Don't listen to them." Allaia leaned over him, whispering tenderly. "You're gonna make it through this, okay?" She caressed his hair gently. "I promise."

"Would you just die already?" The other guy shouted, clearly pissed off.

   Allaia sighed heavily, tired of lack of compassion and sympathy from criminals towards wounded Jasper. The gazes of Allaia and Monty, who was sitting on the other side of the room, working on something, have met.

"I'm gonna get clean water. Keep an eye on him, okay?" She asked Monty and he nodded sadly.

   Despite the injuries on her right thigh caused by the river monster from yesterday, Allaia climbed down the ladder rather quickly. Earlier, she cleansed the wound and changed a dressing. Her gashes were healing already and didn't hurt as much as before. 

   She exited the drop ship and before she could pour some fresh water into the container, she heard a childlike shriek which immediately caught her attention. It sounded like the voice belonged to a little girl. Without hesitation, she followed small whimpers of pain, and found a young girl, just like she had suspected. The child was jerking around violently; her face of delicate features was contorted in distress.

"Hey, wake up." Allaia spoke in a gentle tone.

   Carefully, Allaia reached for the girl, softly placing a hand on her shoulder. She woke up with an erratic gasp, sitting upright. Her breathing was uneven as she stared widely at concerned Allaia.

"It's okay. It's okay." She soothed quietly, trying to comfort the child. "It was just a dream."

   The small girl hugged her knees tightly, rocking back and in front.

"What's your name?" Allaia attempted to distract her attention by asking a simple question.

"I'm Charlotte." She whispered.

"Hi, Lottie. I'm Allaia." She introduced herself. "It's okay to be scared, you know? Do you wanna talk about it?" She sat next to Charlotte, smiling slightly.

"It's... my parents." Charlotte sobbed sadly. "They were floated and I... And I see it in my dreams and I just-"

"Yeah, I understand." Allaia replied, nodding slightly. "My mom was floated too, but... I was much younger than you and I don't remember it. I don't even remember how she looked like." She told Charlotte, sadness gleaming in her irises. "So how'd you end up here, huh?" Allaia asked with a soft voice, looking at Lottie curiously.