Chapter 11

I don't care what people say when we're together
You know I wanna be the one to hold you when you sleep

Draco had sat at Harry's bedside for an hour. He hadn't even realized how much time had passed on. Draco just sat there, holding Harry's hand, telling him to stay here, telling him he loved him, and kissing his forehead. Draco was a complete mess. His eyes were puffy and red. He was more pale than usual, which was saying something considering he was already so light.

Draco had his head laid down on Harry's bed, he was holding Harry's hand against his chest.

"..Draco" Hermione opened the door and walked in with Ron. His head slowly lifted from Harry's bed to turn and look at the two of them. "You need to eat something. Go get some lunch" Ron said.

"No, I will not leave him." Draco said shakily. "We will stay with him, we promise no harm will come." Hermione reached out and placed her hand on Draco's shoulder. He sighed and looked back over to Harry. Harry's vitals had gotten much better, which was a good sign.

Draco took a deep breath and let go of Harry's hand. "If anything happens to him the two of you are dead" Draco stared at them and stood up. "You have our word" Ron said and patted Draco's back.

Draco sniffled and took another look down to Harry. "You really like him don't you?" Hermione said softly as she watched Draco's gaze fall back down to Harry.

"Like him? Merlin I have the biggest knot in my stomach, I've been crying for the last two hours, and I can barely focus on anything. He's the only bloody thing running through my mind." Draco clenched his fist as he slowly got more and more worked up over what his father had done.

Ron and Hermione had completely different looks on their faces. Hermione was smiling and swooning over this new found love between Harry and Draco. Ron was shocked that Draco could care for anyone but himself. Nonetheless they were both thrilled for their best friend.

Draco rubbed his temples. "I'm glad he chose you" Hermione smiled. "Me too mate" Ron said and took a seat by Harry's bed.

Draco smiled a little. "I'm glad he chose me too" Draco stared down at Harry. "If he wakes up come get me. I'm going to eat quick I promise"

"We will, now go eat" Ron said and shooed him away. Draco slowly left and forced himself not to turn his head back around to look at Harry. Draco walked through the halls dragging his fingers along the stone.

"Malfoy"

Draco turned around to see Ginny Weasley staring at him. Draco narrowed his eyes. "What?" He asked coldly.

"Did you hurt Harry? I swear to god if you touched him even once you will be a dead man. Coming in here covered in blood, and now Harry's in the hospital wing. What did you do?!" Ginny walked towards him and poked his chest.

"I've done nothing of the sort. I haven't laid a finger on him, well a harmful finger at least" Draco smirked and raised his eyebrow. "Why do you care Weaslette?" He stared down at her.

"Harry poo is my soulmate." She smiled and looked off in a daze. "Well 'Harry poo', dumped you. Please stop being such an odd stalker. Goodbye Weaslette" Draco scoffed and turned around. The looks he was receiving on his way to the hall, were disgusting. People were looking at him as if he had murdered someone. Well, not just any someone, Harry. In all honesty he did murder someone but not everyones beloved Harry Potter.

Draco would admit it did look a bit suspicious that he came in with blood soaked into his clothes. He also had quite a reputation for hating Harry.

Draco sighed and walked into the hall. Dumbledore, Snape, and McGonagall all watched him enter. They hadn't expected him to join the rest of the students this afternoon, considering the events from earlier.