Chapter 3

I dream of you, almost every night
Hopefully I won't wake up this time

Draco had just stood there staring into Harry's eyes. Admiring the sheer sensitivity and innocence that radiated from them. Harry's gorgeous green eyes. They were like gleaming emeralds. Emeralds that held secrets no one would ever know. Emeralds you could get lost in for hours, lose track of all time.

Draco hadn't noticed Harry staring right back at him. For once they weren't angry at one another they were...calm. "Well.. I'll be retiring to bed now" Draco said quietly the tension between the two of them building.

"Yeah good idea..yeah me too" Harry said just as quietly. Draco was the first to break the intense stare. "Let the bed bugs bite potter." Draco said turning around and walking into the darkness of his room. "Goodnight to you too" Harry said and shut his door. Draco got into his room and grabbed at the collar of his shirt which felt as if it was tightening.

Draco could barely control himself. He wanted to take Harry right then and there. Draco mentally slapped himself. He refused to let himself fall prey to Harry Potter. Draco got back into his bed and pulled the covers up over his shoulder. He slowly dozed off thinking of Harry's emerald eyes.

Harry stood just staring at an empty corner of his room for a second. Draco was genuinely one the most beautiful people he had ever laid his eyes on. His slender structure, his rosy cheeks, his storm clouds for eyes, and his silky platinum blonde hair. But Harry was straight, he tried convincing himself that millions of times. Harry just never wanted to admit that he may not be. If he said it aloud it would become true.

Harry tried to push the thoughts out of his mind so he could actually get some rest. Harry just wished things were different, so different.

Hopefully tonight would be a good night because of Draco, one without the night terrors.  He changed into his red pajamas and got into his bed. He snuggled into the covers trying to get comfortable. Harry must admit this bed was much bigger and more comfortable than the one in his old dorm.  

He couldn't get the thought of Draco out his mind. Then again, he never could. He would always tell himself it was hatred and anger. Because Harry was straight. Right?  Harry also felt as if he had forgotten to do something. He shrugged it off, Harry was much too tired to care. He slowly fell asleep with the thought of Draco's stormy eyes in his head.

Draco awoke to the sounds of someone thrashing and..whimpering? He looked over at the clock, it read 2:02 am. He became aware of his new surroundings. It was going to be tough having to get used to waking up without a bunch of people around him. He truly hated being alone. Draco registered the sounds in his brain once more to make sure he hadn't imagined them. He heard them once more, Draco grabbed his wand in case it was any type of danger. He slowly left his room and followed the sounds. They were coming from Harry's bedroom.

He opened the door to find a sleeping Harry thrashing wildly and crying. Harry had streams of tears running down his face. The blankets were thrown to the side, the sheets were all messed up. Harry was gripping onto the sheets so tightly his knuckles were about as white as Draco. Draco became very worried all of a sudden and ran over to Harry softly telling him to wake up. Harry arms shot up and wrapped around Draco. Harry was still very much asleep.

"Potter" Draco whispered while grabbing Harry's shoulders to softly shake him. "Potter come on wake up." He said a little louder. Harry pulled Draco down onto his bed and intertwined their legs. Draco just stared down at him in complete and utter shock. Harry had stopped whimpering and was now a little more calm. His breathing seemed to even out. Draco was stiff, he couldn't necessarily move. He took a moment just a quick little moment to enjoy holding Harry. He took a moment to understand what Harry in his arms felt like.