TEN

Many seasons had passed since Firestar died in the battle with the Dark Forest. Brightpelt became Brightstar, and led her Clan for many moons. She was now on her sixth life.

"Brightstar?" Her kit, Whitewing, mewed, pushing through her bramble den entrance. "Ivypool wants to know who are you taking to the Gathering tonight."
Ivypool. She was one of Brightstar's most trusted cats, after all, she was her kin and was very skilled in the battle with the Dark Forest. No doubt she became the deputy.

"I'll be taking Ivypool, Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, Squirrelflight, Fernsong, Cloudtail, Ashfur, Sparkpaw and Alderpaw. Millie and Graystripe may come too." Brightstar decided.

Whitewing nodded, and ducked out of her den.

Brightstar closed her eyes.

"I'll come now," she murmured.

She padded out of her den, and was greeted by Cloudtail.

"Let's eat something," Cloudtail urged. Brightstar nodded as she padded to the fresh-kill pile.

"Share?" Cloudtail emerged from the pile with a fat vole. He set it down on the sandy floor, and began to eat.

"I swear, your appetite hasn't changed since you were an apprentice," Brightstar joked. Cloudtail purred with amusement.

As soon as they finished, Brightstar called for her cats, and they streamed out of camp.

Brightstar led her Clan proudly to the Gathering island, and nodded respectfully to Mistystar and Rowanstar. Onestar was still at the other end of the tree-bridge.

As Brightstar jumped up to the tree and Ivypool took her place on the roots, Brightstar had a feeling that this was what she was meant to do.

I'll lead ThunderClan with pride, like a bright star.