𝟷: I Get A Letter Delivered by an Owl

July 31 1991

Jenna's POV

There was a knock on the door. I put my potions book down and walked out of the living room. Uncle Sev was still in his room and he probably didn't hear the door. I unlocked the door of the tiny cottage in Spinner's End. It was a street lined with several deserted brick houses and broken street lamps, near a dirty river and an abandoned mill with a tall chimney. It was a cold morning and I wore my forest green jumper. I opened the door and on the other side was-

"Aunt Minnie!" I exclaimed.

"Jenna! How are you?" she said with a smile.

"I'm good." I replied, stepping aside to let her in. She walked into the living room and sat on one of the black chairs. I walked into the kitchen and prepared a cup of tea for her. I walked back to the living room and put the tea on the coffee table.

"I'll go get Uncle Sev!" I chimed. I ran up the staircase to the room where my Uncle Sev stayed. He wasn't actually my uncle he was my godfather but I got used to calling him Uncle Sev. I knocked on the door three times.

"Aunt Minerva is here!" I called hoping he heard him.

"Tell her I'll be out in a minute." he said glumly.

"Ok!" I sprinted back down the stairs and back to where Aunt Minnie was. I sat opposite of her and stared at her with delight.

"What brings you here Aunt Minnie?"

"Well didn't your uncle tell you? I'll be babysitting you while Severus is away. He has business to attend to."

"Oh." I said slightly sad. I was actually hoping to spend the day with him making potions. I had already mastered doing the Draught of the living Death without the instructions and several other potions. Uncle Sev had already told me what I was. A normal witch. He had told me the first time I had done magic. I had made one of the candle jars explode when I was extremely excited.

"I also bought you your birthday gift." Aunt Minerva said suddenly. From a small bag she took out a large black owl in a cage. My eyes widened.

"Wow! Thank you Aunt Minerva! It's beautiful! You didn't have to get me anyth-"

Minerva chuckled. "Don't worry dear it's perfectly fine." Uncle Sev then came into the living room carrying a small box, his black robes dragging behind him.

He walked over to where I was and handed me the box.

"Happy Birthday." he said glumly but a small smile played on his lips .

"Thank you Uncle Sev." I put the box on the table and gave him a hug. He was taken aback since I rarely give anyone hugs. I absolutely despise them. He then came to his senses and hugged me back. I then let go and opened the box. I gasped as I took out a beautiful green pearl necklace with a snake attached to it.

"It's amazing." I say holding it up. I show my Aunt Minerva.

"Already assuming her house are we Severus?" she asks.

"Of course Minerva. Born a Slytherin. She needs something to go with her robes." he said with a smirk.

"What's Slythe-" I was in the middle of asking but then I turned when there was a tap on one of the windows. Perched on the window was a gray barn owl. I walk over to the window while tying the necklace around my neck. I open it and the owl comes soaring into the living room where Aunt Minnie and Uncle Sev were debating on Slytherin and Gryffindor. I walked past them and untied a letter that was attached to the foot of the owl. It was addressed to me and I curiously opened it. I looked over to Aunt Minnie and Uncle Sev. I started reading the letter outloud to catch their attention.

"Dear Ms. Potter" I started. My aunt and Uncle snapped their heads to where I was. I continued.

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July." I finished and took out a list of things I needed. I then put the letters back into the envelope.

"So.." I said staring at them both. "When can i get my stuff?"