Next is Katara who shows up in her silk dress. "How do I look?" Even you have to admit that she looks good. She's no Toph, but she pulls it off. You give her a thumbs up.

Aang's mouth is agape and his face is flushed red. "Close your mouth kid, you'll catch flies." You say, Toph and Sokka giggle.

Aang is about to tell her she's beautiful before he stops. "Your Mom's necklace..."

"Oh. Right." Katara sounds almost shameful as she takes it off, "I guess it's pretty obvious its water tribe isn't it?" She holds it in her hand as Aang places a hand on her shoulder with a comforting smile. She smiles back.

"Aang here will buy you another necklace in town." You say, sneakily sliding some coins in his pocket before walking forwards, And the piggy bank has run on empty. "If you want me to, I can hold onto that one, keep it safe." She hands you her mother's necklace and you put it away, before looking around. "There was a sign back there that said to follow the trail to get to town. It shouldn't be too far away."

"That's our only option." Aang decides.

Katara finds a red necklace she has a taste for and puts it on and Aang pays for it. Toph grabs a golden headband, similar to her old one, before putting some of her own coins on the table, and Sokka puts his hair into a similar clip and fashion to yours. Aang shoves Momo into his vest.

"I actually know this place." Aang says, "I used to visit my friend Kuzon here 100 years ago. So everyone follow my lead and stay cool." He tries to be charismatic, saying, "Or as they say in the Fire Nation, stay flamin'."

"I don't know how... modern that is?" you ask, scratching your beard before catching up to them.

"Greetings, my good hotman!" He cheers. You physically cringe and the guy he was talking to seems to be having an existential crisis of confusion. Sokka takes lead after a second and guides everyone towards an eat-in. "Oh, we're going to a meat place?"

"Come on Aang, everyone here eats meat. Even the meat!" He points at a cow-hippo as it eats a pile of steaks.

Aang looks uncomfortable, "You guys go ahead, I'll just get some lettuce out of the garbage."

"Well... try not to draw attention." You reply, clapping him on the shoulder and walking into the eat-in.

Eventually dusk comes with no signs of Aang. "This is getting ridiculous, we need to find him!"

"Y/N, come on. We need to wait." Katara sighs.

"I've been waiting for three hours, Kay, I'm about fucking done."

"Y/N, no." Toph commands with furious intensity.

"Fine." you decide after a period of silence. You sit down next to her, "I'll wait thirty more minutes."

"That won't be necessary." Toph replies. Suddenly you hear a sliding sound and watch as Aang lands at the mouth of the cave. "I know those little footsteps anywhere."

"Where have you been?" Katara demands, "We've been worried sick."

"I got invited to play with some kids after school."

"After what?!" You and Sokka shout at the same time.

"I enrolled in a Fire Nation school. I'm going back tomorrow."

Again, you and Sokka share the same reaction, "Enrolled in what?!" Sokka faints and you wear a look of genuine confusion. You all sit around the campfire before long, you sitting between Toph and Aang. Sokka speaks up first. "Look, I'm trying to be mature here and not immediately shoot down your idea but it sounds... really terrible."