Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24

Start from the beginning

The ash-blond hair is so familiar to you at this point, along with the personality of the person who goes along with it. You've been around Bakugo for several months now and his behavior is common to you, you could easily do an accurate imitation of him. You actually did once to practice what you would say to him and how he would respond. But of course, no one needs to know about that.

You pull a lone chair to the side of the bed, taking a seat next to the boy you've grown rather fond of. He might be angry and brash but you've been thinking of him as a friend over the last couple of weeks. Training together, detention after you two destroyed the gym, when you two studied and went out for dinner, and when you fell asleep on him during the train ride to Sero's house.

Bakugo isn't as bad as most people make him out to be.

Not even close.

If anything, he's just misunderstood. His determination mistaken for stubbornness, his confidence in his abilities for arrogance, and his skills are taken as natural instead of being earned through lots of training and hard work. But that's not all there is to Bakugo. He's a person with emotions just as complex as yours, he just never learned how to properly express them.

But, he's gotten better since coming to UA. You're sure of it. He's made some amazing friends, opened up a little, and even spends time after school goofing off with the Bakusquad. Well, he isn't the one who goofs off, but he tags along to stop them from possibly getting killed by their stupidity.

Bakugo even admitted to being comfortable in your presence after saying he didn't hate you at Sero's house. That meant a lot to you to know that he at least partially liked you.

Without even noticing your actions, your fingers are suddenly entangled in Bakugo's spiky hair. The ash-blond spikes are a lot softer than they appear at first glance, feeling almost silky, but the locks are covered in dirt thanks to the fight that took place. Which is also the reason he's passed out right now.

Your hand slides down to trace the edge of his face, down to the bandage wrapped around his forearm. Despite the peaceful expression on his face, his arms seem uncomfortably tense. Carefully, you gently massage your fingers against his arm. You bring your other hand up to help as you slowly move your way up his arm to his shoulder. You continue rubbing his arm, pushing a little harder on muscles that seemed tenser and more strained.

By the time you finish, his right arm is relaxed and Bakugo's face seems even more tranquil. You move over to give the same treatment to his left arm, not sure why you're doing it. Would Bakugo do something like this for you? Probably not, he probably wouldn't even stay after school to check on you. So why are you sitting here, caring for the boy who seems to hate you at times?

It didn't make any sense. And yet, you stay. Even once you finish your mini massage on Bakugo's arms, you stay by his side until the sun is long gone from the sky. It seems like he'll never wake up.

•••••

Your head rests against the small portion of the mattress that Bakugo isn't taking up. You sit silently, eyes close as you just enjoy the peaceful and silent atmosphere. It's late. Very late.

And just as you start to wonder if the boy had stopped breathing and you hadn't noticed, a ringtone goes off on the other side of the room. You quickly make your way around the bed, grabbing Bakugo's phone off the nightstand. The screen is black but the music continues to play as a contact labeled 'Old Hag' blinks to life.