Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to be fine though."

Toshinori always knows how to calm you down. His words are soothing and you let yourself lean against his broad chest. He chuckles, rubbing a hand up and down your back as you stand quietly. You can still hear the other staff members arguing in the conference room.

"I don't see why this is such a big deal," You grumble, leaning away from Toshinori and crossing your arms.

"Because someone who has the power to potentially kill you is out there. We don't want anything bad to happen to you," Toshinori tries to explain, but you are in one of your moods where you're too stubborn to listen.

You turn your head away from the tall man to glare down the empty hallway and pout. You cross your arms over your chest and ignore the reasonable point he made.

"Were you scared?" Toshinori asks you, referring to when you fought the creature and got your injuries. You spin to look at him before turning back around with a pout. He looks like he wants to give you dad advice and you aren't up for it.

"No," You reply, puffing out your cheeks as you glare up at him.

You have to admit the news caught you by surprise. The one thing that can touch you despite using your quirk is still alive. You thought Endeavor burned it to death with the rest of the ugly bird monsters. But no. And despite none of the others being able to communicate or talk in any way, this one knows your name and said it twice. It can easily hunt you down and strangle you to death like it almost did last time.

"It's alright to be scared. You know I put this smile on to hide my fear," Toshinori tells you. You nod, he's told you this what felt like a thousand times over the years.

Before Toshinori can continue calming you down, the door slides open, and out walks the rest of your teachers. Some look upset or angry, while others send you worried glances. Aizawa nods for you to come with him and you follow him back to the classroom with only a small glance back to Toshinori.

Just as the bell rings, you walk in, speed walking to the back to claim your seat. With a quick scan of the room, you notice that Bakugo's hair is magically back to normal. You chuckle silently to yourself. You had texted Hakamata and he sent you a couple of pictures of Bakugo during the internship. You were even further blessed when you saw that in half of them Bakugo was wearing skinny jeans.

Hakamata did a number on the boy.

While Aizawa takes attendance, Kirishima swivels in his seat to face you. "I heard what happened in Hosu with the Hero Killer, are you okay?" He asks, red eyes pooling with concern.

"I'm fine, don't worry," You tell him, waving it off as nothing. You don't need to worry your friends with any of the extra details about what happened that night or tell them that the one thing that can easily kill you is still out there looking for you.

Kirishima still looks a little unsure, but nods and twists back towards the front. He trusts you, and if you say you are fine then he'll leave you alone. He knows that you don't like being bothered after you give your word.

Aizawa rattles on at the front of the room about the activities you'll accomplish in class today, sending you small glances throughout the period.

•••••

You sit as quiet as mouse in the back of the room during all of your classes, no matter how much you try to get the ugly beast out of your mind, something about the Nomu isn't sitting right with you and it isn't the fact that it's out to kill you.

After a peaceful lunch with Todoroki, All Might takes the class out for a training exercise. According to him, he's testing to see how much we improved during our internships. You stand outside one of the mock cities in your hero costume, waiting for him to start the training.