Chapter 16 - MAE DAY

Börja om från början

Uncle passed me a pot for Willow as I put her into another highchair. They were used to kids here and were well stocked with highchairs.

"This is quite loose consistency but we will thicken it up once they get used to it. Don't over fill the spoon or their mouth. Watch," he said putting a bib on Bay who was drooling like a dog.

He gave him a tiny taste on a spoon. Bay wretched, pulled a face and shuddered which made me panic.

"He's ok, it is a tiny taste and he is not used to it. He can't choke as it is not a spoonful just a tot," Uncle said making me sit back down. "Try Willow," he said nodding towards her.

I reluctantly gave her the tiniest bit of the spoon. She shuddered but didn't wretch .

"Let's put a bit more of this in to make it blander," he said skirting in some of their baby milk.

Bay took a taste off the spoon after his uncle tested it. He liked it and was ready for more.

"So how are you feeling after a little rest," Uncle asked as we fed them.

"Much better thank you," I replied.

"Do you feel weak? Faint? Light headed?" he asked.

"I always feel like that lately, it's called being a sleep deprived mum," I retorted.

"Or the fact you are pregnant with Lee's child," he said making me look at him to see if he was joking. He was deadly serious.

"I am not pregnant and I have not been sleeping with Lee," I giggled.

"Rema had the power..."

"To bullshit and make stuff up. I don't believe in all that mumbo jumbo so you can stick that where the sun don't shine." I huffed.

"I can see that you are upset and that was not my intention. I purely wanted to ensure you are properly cared for whilst pregnant and..."

"I am not pregnant!" I said exasperated at him.

"Mae, you know that everything around you is not what it seems and you are not ready to know what you have gotten yourself into, or should I say what your sister got herself into..."

"My sister is dead!" I said as tears began to sting my eyes.

"I told you she wouldn't believe you," Rema said appearing in the doorway.

"Oh great. Do you know what I think I am just going to pack the children up and go, this was a big mistake. Thank you for your hospitality," I said lifting Willow out of the high chair.

"Here," Rema said hold out a packet. "Do the test yourself and tell me I am wrong."

It was a pregnancy test.

"I don't need to do a test, I've never slept with Lee so unless it is a miracle conception..."

"He made you forget," she replied.

"How the hell could he make someone forget?" I asked annoyed.

"You are not ready to hear that but you feel somewhere inside you that what I say holds at least some element of truth. Please prove me wrong and I will happily apologise," she said waving the package towards me.

I cursed under my breath and snatched it handing her Willow.

"This takes the piss literally! If I didn't need a wee I wouldn't be doing it. I haven't had sex since before the twins were born so I am sure I would remember fucking Lee!" I said storming off. "Where is the toilet?" I called back realising I had no idea where I was storming off too.