8

Dan's POV
I woke up...

I'm not gone...

I looked around and saw I was in the lab. My parents's lab. I patted myself. I'm fine...not hurt or anything."He woke up!" I heard a familiar voice shouted. I turned to see my cousin with some bandages and band aids."Atlas?" I said and my throat felt dry.

"You're awake." I turned to see Danny at the lab entrance."What did you do? I don't understand?" I asked."Oh, uh...I sucked out Vlad's evilness out of you...basically." He said."I still feel the same." I said confused.

"I said, I sucked the evilness out not your powers." Danny said."And the gauntlet? How'd you get her back?" I asked pointing at Atlas.

"After I took you home, I used the gauntlet to get Atlas here but immediately destroyed it without Clockwork taking it or anything...also why she isn't healed all the way." Danny said.

"Thanks for that, by the way." Atlas said sarcastically."You know Danny can heal you, right?" I said."He already used his powers on me." Atlas said.

"And she hated the cold." Danny said. A bit later Jazz, Jack and Maddie came in."How are you?" Jazz asked. She clearly didn't trust me yet.

Not that I expect her to."I'm okay." I said."What are you going to do now?" Atlas asked. "I'm going to go to the Ghost Zone and just stay out of everyone's way."I tried to get of the table but I felt dizzy and had to hold onto the table.

Danny helped me stand back up."Be careful..." Jazz said. I didn't know if she meant me or Danny."Jazz, I told you that he isn't evil. Besides he helped even before I ripped Vlad's influences out." Danny said."Still..." Jazz said.

I thought Danny was going to help me go to the portal but instead he walked towards the stairway. Jack and Maddie gave space but Jazz hesitantly stepped aside."I'm just saying." Jazz said.

"Then trust me, at least." Danny said and he lead me to my- his room."Why are you helping me?" I asked."Everyone deserves a second chance...why not you?" Danny asked.

"It's too late for me, Danny. I killed too many and destroyed too much." I said."That universe is gone now destroyed. It's in the past...well your past. Leave it there. It's like you said. You're still here and you still exist... that's gotta mean something." Danny said.

I looked at him speechless."I don't remember being such a sap." I said."Sarcasm is returning, I see." He said."It never left." I chuckled. He placed me down on his bed."But for real,why are you helping me?" I asked.

"Because I want to." Danny said. He then pushed me back onto the bed when I tried to stand up. He pulled out fresh bandages."Take off your shirt." He said. I was confused. I did and saw bandages that had...red blood.

"Why's my blood red?" I asked."Oh yeah...I actually gave your human half back." Danny said. Danny then handed me a mirror and there I saw a upgraded version of my fourteen year old disguise. I had bags under my eyes. My eyes were a but darker and my hair as untied and past my shoulders and I still had my buff body.

"Whoa..." I said."You good?" Danny asked."Yeah, just shocked..." I said."Ohhh." He said and went towards my chest where I noticed the bandages."I don't remember getting hurt."

"Freakshow kicked you harder than you think." Danny said and once the bandage was gone, I looked at myself. There was a slight cut. It wasn't that deep but it was nice and long and a huge bruise formed around it.

Danny got some ointment and smeared some around it. I leaned back so he had space. He sat  down next to me and started to work a bit faster."So, uh...what really happened? Vlad told me that you wanted to split yourself up so that Amity could still have their hero but it turned out as the opposite."