6. Prefect's Bathroom

Song for this chapter ~ Desperado by Rihanna

By the time I got back to the dorm last night, it was far past curfew, meaning that everyone was fast asleep. I had gone the whole day avoiding as many of the Slytherins as possible, as I had a feeling they wouldn't take the news of me being a Muggleborn too well.

However, as I awoke this morning, the events of yesterday's Defense Against the Dark Arts Class was not the main thing on my mind.

Although last night I had ended things short with George, I felt a sense of regret almost instantly, as I walked out the library. I could not possibly ignore the tensions we shared, as well as the fluttering feeling I had in my stomach whenever he stood near me.

Now noticing that none of the girls were in the room, I felt a strange feeling in my gut. The five of us would all normally wait for each other to wake up to head to breakfast in the Great Hall—although this time, they clearly hadn't.

As I got dressed and made my way down the stairs into the common room, there were still some Slytherins who hadn't headed out to the Great Hall yet—as they all shot dirty glances at me as I made my way out of the cold and dark common room.

Now stepping into the Great Hall, all seemed to be normal. As I looked around the House tables, nobody's eyes were on me—except some of the Slytherins of course. Although I knew after yesterday's discovery that things would not be the same between myself and the rest of my House, I now felt extremely self conscious standing here alone, while they all stared me down.

Speaking of Slytherins, I didn't see Adrian—which I guess, wasn't something to complain about.

As I stood there momentarily not knowing what to do, someone walked from behind me, pushing their hand to my back, so as to walk along with them. Although George had done this many times by now, I still hadn't gotten accustomed to his assertiveness.

"You're coming to sit with me today." He stated rather boldly, as he continued to guide me by my back towards the Gryffindor table.

The Gryffindor table

I felt extremely uncomfortable with the idea of me sitting at another's House's table—especially my own House's rivals, even though it technically was permitted.

"Good morning, by the way." He said with a teasing grin on his face.

As we approached his table, the friends of his I recognized so far were his younger brother, Granger, and Potter.

"Morning everyone." George said, as he stood there, waiting for me to sit down. I quickly obliged, and sat down in front of one of the three youngsters who sat closest to where I stood—Harry, who exchanged an awkward smile with me. George immediately followed, and sat down next to me, his leg now directly touching my bare one, as I was dressed in my school skirt. He pressed it in slightly, almost as if he wanted to get some kind of reaction from me. Before his teasing continued any further, his younger brother spoke up.

"Where's Fred anyways?" He asked, shoving food into his mouth. "And the others?"

"All still asleep." George mumbled.

"Since when do you ever get up before the others...you're always the one to sleep in—"

"Ron, chew your food." Hermione interrupted, giving him a glare, and trying to send a subtle hint as to shut up.

"Yeah Ron, shut up." Harry spoke up finally, mocking his friend as he nudged his arm.

"So Calista," Hermione now began to speak up, looking directly at me now. "What do your parents do? Mine are both dentists." Before I could begin to answer her question, George's group of friends began to sit down at the table.