16. Calm Before the Storm

Song for this chapter ~ Like Real People Do by Hozier

THIS IS PART 1 OF 2 TO A DOUBLE UPDATE, MEANING THERE'S ANOTHER CHAPTER RIGHT AFTER THIS ONE! ENJOY!

Calista's POV

If it weren't for the melted snow and the now blooming flowers, I would never have guessed that it was already the beginning of Spring. The time between settling into my new dorm and now seemed to have gone by so fast—yet I truly had nothing to complain about seeing as I had been the most happy I'd ever felt in probably forever.

Adrian was no longer able to taunt or approach me now that I resided in the Ravenclaw dorms, despite sneaking into the Gryffindor ones most nights. The only time I would ever see him was in class or in the hallways; which only meant that unless he wanted to be caught by a professor or face George head on again, I didn't have to walk around in fear anymore.

Although I had been nothing but cheery and in good spirits these past couple of months, there was certainly someone who felt otherwise—Fred. The vicious cycle of him and Angelina breaking up and getting back together had once again started, leaving Fred to be quite miserable and unlike his usual self. However, as we sat at the table for breakfast this morning, he appeared to be the worst I had seen him since the start of it all.

As I watched Fred, who sat across from me, stare with a blank gaze into his bowl of cereal, his lack of speech as well as the bags under his eyes caused me to worry. In an attempt to get George to notice his brother's distressed state, I placed my hand on his knee and nodded towards Fred.

"He really doesn't seem to be doing well, George," I muttered quietly so that Fred wouldn't hear; although he seemed far too distracted to even notice. George now looked over to his twin, not surprised, yet still worried.

"Hey, Fred," he said, looking back up at him with a sad expression on his face, not being able to catch his attention at first. "Freddie...this shit has gone too far, mate. You need to rest and you need to fucking drop Angelina for good." Fred now looked up at George, sighing.

"I know, I just—every time I plan on ending it for good she says some shit to make me feel bad and I...I'm just so exhausted from arguing with her, not to mention I'm behind in just about every class because of it," Fred said, frustratingly as he ran his fingers through his hair.

For a moment, I refrained from meddling any further; however, I began to think of a rather brilliant way to solve both his problems.

"Fred, I might know of someone who can help you catch up on all your assignments—that's if you're willing to not be stubborn for once and actually take some well needed advice," I now spoke to him, while George casted me a suspicious glance.

"I guess it couldn't hurt to get some extra help...fine whatever, I'll do it," he spoke, now letting out an exasperated sigh. "Who is it anyways?" He asked, only, I had gotten up from my seat even before he could know, now making my way over to the Ravenclaw table and propping myself next to Rowan.

From across the room, I could see both George and Fred glancing to see the person I had headed towards—the two of them both quickly realizing who, and Fred mouthing a curse at me.

"So I have a favour to ask," I now said, turning to my side to face her as she continued eating her breakfast in peace.

For the both of us being very closed off people, I was quite surprised to see Rowan and I get closer over the months. She still kept to herself most of the time, but besides George and the others, she was the only one who I actually enjoyed talking to.