•Chapter 1•

It was August 9th, 9:45 AM... a 16 year old dark skinned male named Derrick was waiting in his room, looking out the window of the orphanage in Wyndon; he had finished his morning routine, he wore a red hoodie with a black leather jacket over it, and blue jeans with black runners. He fixed his glasses as he kept a box with a note ready and nearby, now just wondering how much longer it would take the chairwoman to get here as he listened to the clock... Tick... Tick... Tick... The kids and teens around him all playing together as he was left out, just continuing to watch the clock. Tick... Tick... Tick... As the seconds went by, waiting only became more and more annoying, until he heard a door open.

The Chairwoman, Andromida walked in and the kids immediately surrounded her. Andromida was the replacement to Chairman Rose due to what he had done the year prior, but despite the last Chairman's mistakes, Andromida had promised to try and be like a reset button and make Galar better... The blonde woman walked in texting on her rotom phone and answered any questions from the kids with a slight smile before being approached by Derrick and her expression becoming cold once more...

Derrick handed Andromida the box with a slight bow in respect "Ms. Andromida I would like to be a pokemon trainer in your sponsorship!!" The teen spoke, standing straight again once the woman took the box... "I have been trapped in this place for too long, I wanna see the world and make it a better place! If you gave me this chance I would fo the best I possibly can please ma'am!!"

The chairwoman looked at the box and note before looking at Derrick "a pokemon trainer huh?... why not go for something more realistic kid?"

"Because I am determined to do this! I have always had a fascination about pokemon and even if I fail I would have made new friends along the way that I will keep for the rest of my life, as a trainer there is no failing because in the end you will always gain new friends out of it!" Derrick spoke, a fire burning inside him, one that burnt so brightly it could almost burn him alive.

The chairwoman sighed "even with the chance of failure you are still determined... fine" she grabbed an envelope from her pocket "here, take it to professor Sonia in her lab in Wedgehurst. I'll see you on the pitch" she spoke before leaving

Derrick looked at the envelope and a bright smile immediately formed on his face, it was an endorsement to the gym challenge, his first step to becoming a pokemon trainer... As he finally said goodbye to the orphanage he stepped out of the building, the cold air of the soft breeze hitting his face as he smiled, a corviknight taxi already waiting for him... ' This is where my adventure begins!! ' he thought to himself before entering the taxi. "To Professor Sonia's lab please!"

• At Sonia's Lab •

"JUST GIVE UP! YOUR MOTHER ISN'T COMMING BACK!"

"Was the last thing my father said before he slammed the door in my face with only a backpack, and the clothes on my back to fend for myself..." a 15 year old girl spoke, her hair being a slightly grown out side shave as she wore a black sweater, and dark grey leggings, almost looking as if she just got out of bed or have been in the streets for years... the teen girl was in Wedgehurst with the professor, her home town... steaming hot tea being poured for the two of them as Sonia was the only one in the lab today due to Hop going to investigate mega evolution since he preferred learning in person than through books and classes...

"Aww... Skylar I'm so sorry that happened, it shouldn't have come to that... I know this is our first time meeting but I've met your mom before and she is such a lovely lady who thinks the world of you, I'm sure she will return... I'll keep in contact with Lusamine to see if she hears anything from her, does that make you feel better?" Sonia spoke softly as she put down the teapot, Skylar nodded as Sonia placed an extra phone in front of the teen and let a rotom into it before handing her an envelope "here. Leon gave me a couple extra endorsements incase he was late today, I think you deserve one. Who knows, it may help Kelly find you."