8. The Garden (You Are Welcomed)

Start from the beginning

"Can I hear more?" Philip questioned with an innocently intrigued expression, like a child in need of learning something new that had caught their interests. At the sight of it, Nick knew that he couldn't say no.

"Why of course..."

(The Next Day...)

~Philippines' POV~

"You should slow down on eating, otherwise your stomach might start to hurt," my friend warned me, his voice laced in concern as he watched me continue to consume the lunch on my food tray. However, my thoughts were blocked as I kept eating until finally I took one last bite, and then taking a drink of some well reserved iced tea.

Mannerisms are important however.

Which brings me to blink at Prince Russia with a sheepish smile.

"I do apologise for my current behaviour, though I think I'll have to leave early for now." I spoke to him ever so politely, taking the napkin and wiped the contents of the food that smudged my face. While doing so, I stood up from my seat and picked up the tray. I could see Prince Russia narrowed his eyes on me at the corner of my eye, making me slightly nervous.

"What for exactly?" I could tell, he had some suspicions on me. Then again, who am I to blame him? I'd have my suspicions too if I were him.

I cleared my throat, and gave him a sincere and truthful smile. Better tell him the truth. Besides, what reason is there to lie about it? It's not like the Academy would burn down to the ground If he found out I'm just gonna hang out with another friend.

(Unless they're your best friend that is, then I can relate. There can only be one Best Friend >:(

Besides, I'm sure he'd be happy about the news!

...right?

"Well, you see... I'm hanging out with a friend today!" I simply told him with a cheerful smile, my teeth ready to show itself before finally letting out a small innocent grin.

His reaction...was unexpected. Perhaps expected. His face looked pretty blank, yet at the same time, it looked as if it were forced not to react anything. Seems he's trying his best to be stoic. His mouth twitching downwards, avoiding a frown. However, reading people just tends to get more useful than ever, though it was pretty difficult to read the russian's face if I'm gonna be honest.

"Where to?"

"The Royal Academy Garden."

"With whom?"

Ah, so it's interrogation time?

"America." As soon as he heard that, he furrowed his eyebrows, the atmosphere started to grow tense somehow. His posture stiffened slightly, I could tell by how his shoulders didn't look so lean. Maybe it was my imagination though? I was curious. Surely he knows him? America's popular from what I've heard.

"Prince Russia, do you know him by any chance? You seem like you do." I asked.

He was silent at first, but then he was able to release a sigh.