The Devil Wears Pink

Start from the beginning

"What a mentalist" Nerezza scoffed.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating." Dumbledore clapped, seemingly struggling for words.

"Illuminating? What a load of waffle." Ron shook his head.

"What's it mean?" I questioned, why was she here all the sudden?

"It means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts." Hermione puffed irritatedly.

"Yeah...and the Devil wears pink" Nerezza growled.

We all went up to the common room after the feast. Most people in Gryffindor were in there, sat on the sofas catching up about summer or just being by the fire. Nerezza and I walked in first with the twins, Hermione and Ron behind us-taking seats around the room.

"Dean, Seamus, how was your summer?" Nerezza asked the boys.

"All right." Dean sighed, "Better than Seamus', anyway." He nodded to the Irish boy.

"Me mum didn't want me to come back this year." He stayed plainly, his fists curled by his side.

"Why not?" Fred said.

"Let me see. Because of you and you!" Seamus thrust his finger at Nerezza and I. "The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you two and Dumbledore." Seamus added.

"What, your mum believes them?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Nobody was there the night Cedric died, except you two" he reasoned.

"I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother." I retorted angrily.

By now everyone was listening in, hoping for a fight. However, I wasn't alone in this argument as Nerezza made that abundantly clear. She stood slightly in front of me looking rage filled...I was actually worried for Seamus right now.

"Surprised your mother can read" Nerezza shrugged cooley.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother!" Seamus exclaimed, taking a step towards Nerezza. "Or I'll-" Seamus began.

"You'll what?" Nerezza snapped.

"You wouldn't attack me, not with what the papers have been saying about ya" Seamus dared.

"Oh yeah? Try me Finnegan. Come on, it'll be fun!" Nerezza snarled, her eyes glowing red and her palms radiating a red glow of energy.

Fred stood up quickly and took his girlfriend by the hands. Her magic disappeared instantly at his touch and Fred moved her so that she was stood next to me, directly behind him like he was shielding her.

"Who do you think your talking to Seamus? What the hells going on with you?" Fred asked pensively.

"He's mad and she's dangerous is what's going on!" Seamus cried with furrowed brows. "Do you believe the rubbish their coming out with about You-Know-Who?"

"Yeah. I do." Fred said simply.

"We both do" George added, coming to stand next to me.