Under the Cosmos, Humanity found purpose

I slowly opened my eyes, it was still dark out, I looked over at the cloak and saw that it was 2am. Fuck me, its always 2am when ever I need sleep. I looked over for Zero Two, she was not next to me, I sat up quickly. Where could she be?? I heard sobbing. I got out of bed and looked in the bathroom, she was sitting in there, crying in the empty tub. A sharp bolt of pain shot through my chest. I gently walked over to her and picked her up. She didn't look at me. I brought her over to the bed and set her down, sliding in next to her. She grabbed a hold of me and pulled herself closer. She was still crying. I didn't know what to do....

Something came to my mind, whenever I was sad, my mother always sang to me. I didn't have a musical bone in my body, but it was worth a shot. What to sing... A song came to mind, "Dark on Me", by Starset, a really good song, but had a message. I softly began to sing. This could either go really badly, or really well...

Wyatt:(whispered)

There's no hate, there's no love

Only dark skies that hang above

I call your name as I walk alone

Send a signal to guide me home

Light the night up, you're my dark star

And now you're falling away

She looked up at me, the tears stopped falling.

But I found in you, what was lost in me

In a world so cold and empty

I could lie awake just to watch you breathe

In the dead of night, you went-dark on me

She looked up at me again, she looked like she wanted to cry.

You're the cause, the antidote

The sinking ship that I could not let go

Who led my way and disappeared

How could you just walk away and leave me here?

Light the night up, you're my dark star

And now you're falling away

But I found in you, what was lost in me

In a world so cold and empty

I could lie awake just to watch you breathe

In the dead of night, you went-dark on me

She drew herself closer to me, she was no longer crying, which was good for me, but still. She was crying in the first place.

I can't do this on my own

You're all I've got to guide me home

I looked down at her sadly, I embraced her in a hug and she let the tears come.

I could lie awake just to watch you breathe

In the dead of night, you went-dark on me

Dark on me,

dark on me,

dark on me

Dark on me,

dark on me

I could lie awake just to watch you breathe

In the dead of night, you went-dark on me

I gave her a long, slow kiss. Her salty tears mixed with the honey-esk taste in her mouth. She stopped crying, opting to fall into the kiss. I gently broke the kiss and lied down next to her. Her eyes were red, I pulled her closer to me, she slowly drifted off to sleep. Just sleep, hopefully you forget what happened tonight.