"You may start your quiz now. If you have any questions, come to me. Once you're done, bring your quizzes to me." I take a seat in my chair and stare at the notebooks on my desk. What could I do while my class is taking their quiz? There wasn't anything school-related that I could do since I already planned everything for this week. I have a rough lesson plan ready for next week and I do need to take some time to put more detail into it. However, I think right now I'm too exhausted to focus on that.

I turn in my chair so that I am facing the computer. Maybe there is something I can do. My hands reach for the keyboard and begin typing before I can comprehend what I'm doing. I sign in to my computer and go straight to Twitter. I haven't been on Twitter in almost two years, so I am surprised when the login I type in works. I open up my page and click on my followers. I quickly scroll through the couple hundred people that are following me. Most of my followers are people from college, with some acquaintances from high school and a handful of strangers mixed in. Finally, I came to the name I was looking for. Ashton Irwin.

The computer takes me to Ashton's page as I click on his name. I stare at Ashton's Twitter icon. He hasn't changed one bit since I last saw him. His smile is still bright and happy. Probably happier than when we were friends. His eyes still hold the same liveliness they always have. The only thing that seems to have changed about Ashton's physical appearance is that his hair is longer.

I glance at Ashton's tweets, trying to get a grasp of what he's been up to. He recently tweeted something about going to rehearsals. Rehearsals for what? Is he releasing music? Or in a band? I know that Ashton was really passionate about music, but I never knew that he'd be doing such big things. I continue to look through his tweets. It's apparent that he is in the music industry. I want to do more digging, but I don't think I have the time for it. I'd honestly rather talk to the guy than stalk him. And before I can even give it a second thought, I send Ashton a direct message.

Luke: Hey mate! Haven't talked in a while, just checking on you.

I sat there and stared at my screen, hoping Ashton would respond quickly. However, it isn't even nine in the morning, so I don't blame him if he takes a while. I lean back in the chait, then practically jump as I hear a student clear their throat. I look up from the computer to see a small line of students has formed in front of my desk.

"Are you guys done?" I ask them. A few nod their heads while the others mumble out 'yes's. I reach my hands out to collect my students' work. I let out a few 'thank you's as I take up the papers. The few students that were at my desk each turn around and go back to their own desks.

I sigh as I grab one of my many red pens. I also grab the answer key I made just to make sure that I grab the quizzes correctly. It takes no time for me to grade the first part of the quiz. Now, I have to grade the writing portion. I quietly sigh once again, feeling too lazy to read the short essays. I decide to go ahead and grade all the multiple choice questions for each quiz, then grade all the paragraphs later today or tomorrow.

Just as I begin grading the fifth, and last quiz, more students come up to my desk to turn in their quizzes. I kindly take the quizzes and slide them towards the corner of my desk. I stare at the small stack watching it grow as two more students place their quizzes on the top. I look around the room and it seems like everyone is finished except for a few students. Thank God.

I pick up the first quiz in the large stack and start to grade it. As I am grading, I glance over at the computer. Ashton replied. I place down the red pen and turn back towards the computer.

Ashton: Great to hear from you! Things are going good for me. Hope all is well with you.

I'm glad he responded quickly. Although, I am let down that his response is vague and short. I shouldn't hold too high of expectations since we haven't talked in ages. I then waste no time to respond to Ashton. I would much rather talk to him than grade thirty quizzes.