Lows and a Spy

Comincia dall'inizio

I looked away from the man as my frown deepened. "I'm sure every person gets distressed. That doesn't mean you have to come and see them."

He chuckled as he came to a stop at the entrance to my living room, a meter or so between the two of us. "No, but considering you're my next project, I really should show you some consideration."

My gaze flickered up, and I eyed the amused man that had his arms crossed over his chest. "I don't need your pity, nor do I want to be one of your projects." I scowled as I returned my gaze to the ground. "It's not like anything good will come of you paying attention to me, anyway. It's a waste of your time."

"I do not pity people," Orochimaru said as if offended by my line of thinking. "Also, I don't care if you want to be my next project or not. I'm going to work on you anyway."

I opened my mouth to argue more, only to find that I really didn't want to waste the effort needed to sway Orochimaru away from the mess that was me. I sighed deeply before waving the man off. "Do as you wish, then." I tried walking off to my kitchen, only for Orochimaru to reach out and put his hand on my head. I flinched away from his touch before glaring up at the man. "There's this thing called consent. Don't touch me without it."

"You're angry-"

"I know what I am," I hissed at the man. "You don't have to say it aloud as if you're experimenting on an inferior being-" I paused as realization struck my mind. I looked up at Orochimaru with several emotions flickering through my mind. I finally settled on neither of them, allowing my emotions to wash away. I turned and continued walking toward my kitchen.

Orochimaru grabbed my shoulder with enough force to make me wince and whipped me around. He knelt down in front of me, his yellow eyes seeming to glow in the dark. "First off, you're not an inferior being. Don't say that. Secondly, I would never experiment on you. Lastly, if someone is treating you like that, you need to react-"

"What? Normally?" I challenged, "I'm not fucking normal, Orochimaru. I never was, and I never am going to be normal."

"I was going to end my sentence after the word react," Orochimaru stated before shaking me slightly. "You need to react. You can't just… bottle it up. If you do, the day will come when the bottle will break, and it won't be pretty for anyone."

I gave a deep sigh, knowing he was right. I licked my lips, opened my mouth, and then my mind went blank. I struggled to find words, so I closed my mouth and sighed again.

"React," Orochimaru demanded.

"It's hard… to react," I said slowly, honestly. "It's easier to… stick to what you're used to."

"You're a shinobi-in-training. Get over it," Orochimaru said harshly.

I snorted. "I'm going to die in this war."

"You're not a prophet, Tenrō," Orochimaru stated, "You don't know that a war will even happen. You have a plan, don't you?"

"I have a plan to get Hiruzen out of office, but that doesn't mean it'll prevent Danzō from dragging us into the war," I retorted.

Orochimaru stared at me for a long moment before standing up. "Then I suppose I must do something about that. I've already been making friendly with the Yamanakas and the Naras, but the Akamichis are being… difficult."

"Then, I would suggest that you say it's for the good of the next generation, my generation," I stated seriously. "The Ino-Shika-Cho Squad has always been, and always will be, a sucker for the benefit of future generations."

Orochimaru thought about it for a moment before nodding. "Eat, go back to sleep, and remember not to strain yourself."

"Yes, Kaa-chan," I replied with a roll of my eyes.