I tugged my hair tightly as I opened my eyes once more. I couldn't see properly because of the tears, and I couldn't seem to catch my breath either. As I gasped for breath, I realized that my lies were cracking and my web was falling apart.

The perfectly happy me was a facade. The me that was content with life was gone. The only thing that remained was a pathetic little shell of my former self.

"What unforgivable sin have I committed?" I muttered to myself in the quiet of the room. "What did I ever do to deserve this? Is it because my first life amounted to nothing? Is it because I was pathetic in every sense of the word?"

No one answered, as no one had even bothered to listen to the quiet mutterings of the thing that was me. Not even the gods cared about me.

I grit my teeth as something else began to bloom to life in my chest. You shitty gods throw me here, and then don't bother to give me an answer? It's no wonder that the world nearly dies.

Anger began to fill me, my body quaking as my grip on my hair tightened. I closed my eyes, feeling angry at myself for crying, feeling angry that I was upset over something as trivial as not getting an answer from gods that probably didn't exist, feeling angry that I…

I released my hair as I grit my teeth.

That I was alone again…

I released another silent scream as I raised my left fist, only to bring it down on my bed. I hit my bed a few more times before realizing that my anger was doing actual damage to my bed. I cursed loudly at the damaged springs in my mattress, briefly wondering when I had gained the strength to do such a thing.

Had my training really been that effective?

I shook my head violently from side to side before wiping my face off with my left sleeve. I then looked around my room.

Everything was too dark to make out.

I slid out of my bed and cringed at the feeling of the cold wooden floor underneath my newly healed feet. I walked across the room silently, a small part of me wondering when I could do that. I left my bedroom and entered my bathroom that was down the hall a bit. I flicked on the light and looked at myself in the mirror.

Dark bags under my eyes were clearly visible, and my black eyes had never looked duller. My green hair was a mess, and the dark skin on my face was tainted with tear tracks.

I sighed heavily as I lowered my head. I really was a mess - an ugly, disgusting mess that had no worth. I angrily flicked the light off and stomped out of the room, heading toward my living room.

"That's quite a bit of anger."

I jolted as if I had been shocked. My head snapped around to the couch, and I spotted a shadow there. "Who's there?"

"Take a gander," the person replied, amusement clear in their tone.

I took a moment to place that voice before relaxing myself slightly. "Orochimaru… You should be in the hospital."

"I could feel your chakra spikes from across the village," the sannin waved off nonchalantly.

I frowned deeply as Orochimaru wasn't a sensor, meaning my chakra spikes had been obvious to just about every skilled shinobi in the village, especially those that were good at deciphering such things. "Even if you could feel them, why come? Tsunade won't let you off easily for breaking out."

"I came because you're distressed, and I'm the only one who has an inkling as to why…" The snake sannin stood up from my couch and began to approach.