I just let out a whine in annoyance. "No! Okay, no. We did not sleep together. Well, at least not recently."

"What does that mean?" Taylor questions again.

"We dated years ago. It's a long story."

"I've got time." She says bluntly.

I send her a glare and point at the lasagna on her plate. "Eat your food."

She pouts but takes a bite of her food anyway.

Faith put herself a plate and walked around the island to sit on the other side of me. Just as I was lifting the fork to take a bite of my pasta, she spoke.

"So, why do you look like you've seen a ghost?"

"My face is always pale." I simply answered, taking the bite from my fork and setting it down when I saw Harry coming down the stairs from the corner of my eye.

"Well don't you look handsome." Faith compliments, discreetly nudging my side. I lightly nudge her back and she stifles a laugh.

A blush creeped up on Harry's face as he approached the kitchen, leaning against the side of the counter. "Thank you. Do I actually look presentable?"

"Yes, dear. You look amazing. What's the occasion?" She continued to converse, getting up from the chair and putting a plate of food that in assuming is for him.

"No occasion. Just wanted to look nice." He rolled up his sleeves and ran his fingers through his hair. It took everything in me to not look at him for too long otherwise he will catch me again. I need my dignity.

"Mhm. I'm assuming Dean has some influence on that decision?" Faith guessed, making Harry glance at me and then to the floor nervously.

"Maybe. Maybe not." He shrugged. Faith chuckled and handing him a plate, which he thanked her for, and he sat down next to Faith.

"He is a very nice guy. He looks intimidating but trust me, he is a giant teddy bear. What you look like is the last thing on his mind." Faith encouraged him. "Just be yourself and he will like you."

"Except don't say anything about Green Bay. He might bite your head off." I added in, but Faith shushed me.

"She's got a point there. He can be scary when it comes to football." Faith tells him. "But don't worry about that too much."

"Don't worry? The guy disowned me until the Super Bowl when I went against the Steelers. Didn't talk to me for weeks." I fought back defensively.

Faith only shook her head and chuckled. "I don't believe you. I'll have to ask him when he gets home."

"You weren't there." I mumbled to myself, continuing to eat my food.

"If you want to get on his good side, be yourself. But don't be afraid of him. He loves people who are confident and wouldn't mind standing up to him. He will end up testing you like that." Faith finishes, leaving Harry looking both tense and relaxed at the same time. Like he is nervous, but he is telling himself he will be fine.

I still don't understand why Harry would be so hung up on the impression he would leave on my dad. Normally a father's opinion would be very important to a man if he is dating their child, but Harry and I aren't together anymore.