Chapter 17: Suspicions

Start from the beginning

The cop raised an eyebrow. "A scream?"

The teen nodded as Keon stared at him. "Are you sure you heard this person screaming?"

Arlo nodded, shuddering a little at the memory. "Yes, clear as day...it was...frightening to say the least. Hearing someone in that much pain...I didn't want to leave whoever it was in there. So the three of us went in and found the headmaster in the hallway outside of his office. We pulled him out and fled to the front gates where the others were." 

The cop stared at him slightly. "Was he directly outside of his office or just in the hallway?"

Arlo shook his head. "Neither. He was close to his office but he wasn't right outside of it. Besides, the hallway was mostly blocked off by debris."

Keon nodded before looking to Blyke. "What about you? Is what Arlo saying true for both of you?" The redhead nodded quickly. "Yes sir. It's all true." The man looked back to Miss. Nadia who only nodded in confirmation. 

The cop nodded back before looking to Zander as he approached a certain pinkette. "And you Miss. Remi. What is your recollection of the fire?"  

The pinkette looked up at the blue haired man. "Well...I was with Isen and Seraphina who were helping me clean up after a club I was hosting. We were in the West wing when the fire broke out. It spread very quickly so we didn't have a lot of time to stop and think about what was happening. But we evacuated all the students we could find and helped lead some who had gotten lost in the chaos. We eventually went outside where the teachers led us to the front gates."

Keon raised an eyebrow. "Might I ask what club you were hosting?" The girl raised an eyebrow, a bit put off by the question. Seraphina narrowed her eyes. 'Why would they need to know this?'

Remi looked back and forth from Keon to Zander. "Uh...is-is it important for the investigation?" Zander looked at her and nodded, crossing his arms. "It is."

Remi chewed on her lip slightly but nodded. "I...was hosting a safe house club."

The adults in the room all stared at her in shock. Keon looked at her. "'Safe house?' Why would you be hosting a safe house club?"

The girl shifted uncomfortably. "I...I helped created it to allow students to feel safe. Lately, there's been a lot of violence in the school so I'm trying to give students a space to be themselves and socialize with one another without fearing violence."

Both her and Keon looked to Nadia. "No lies yet."

Both men looked at the girl, staring her down. "When you say 'socialize with each other' what do you mean by that?"

The pinkette looked at them, at a loss for words. If she said it was to help bring everyone together regardless if ability, she didn't know how they would take it.

Isen spoke up. "Sir, I don't understand how this is relevant to what happened during the fire. You said you were going to-" Zander placed both of his hands on the edge of the desk and stared the teen down, eyes faintly glowing.

The teen felt like the air around him grew cold, noticing his breath appear in front of him as the blue haired man  glared at him.

Isen shrunk back in his seat as he was stared down by the man. "Know your place kid. Don't interrupt us."

The teen nodded, face a bit pale as Zander stood back up, looking over to Remi. "Continue."

The girl bit her lip. "I mean just for people to get along...that we're all not that different from one another..."

Zander raised an eyebrow. "So you mean high tiers and low tiers socializing together?"

She looked between him and Miss Nadia, knowing they had her cornered.