NEW BEGINNINGS

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. What a pathetic school. Only a couple of years left. I can't believe I have to move just because my mum had 'quarrelled' with one of the teachers.

So she says.

I have a feeling it was because of my Dad. You know, being a death eater and all. My mum hasn't told me the whole story about him. She must be too heartbroken to say anything. All I know is that one of Voldemort's followers had a fight with my dad, and he killed him. Since then, whoever he was, disappeared into thin air. I can't even remember my Dad. I was too young.

But anyway, I'm going to miss everyone. Bella, my best best friend, Abigail, my only friend who is in the same house as me, and finally Damon. My ex. I cried when I was told I had to leave. When I told Abigail, she was pretty calm really. It was like she didn't care, but that's probably because she's sad about it.

Damon.
Ugh, Damon.

When I told him, it was a different feeling. He just stood there and hugged me. Without even saying anything. And then he walked away. I still love him.

I miss him so much.
I couldn't bear to say goodbye properly.
Stop thinking about him. Get a grip.

*two months later*

Keep calm, Jennifer. Deep breaths. In and out. It's just a platform. Just a train. Just some people.

"Right, have you got everything with you?" My mum said.

"No. What else do you think I have Mum?" I answered back in frustration.

"Come on sweetie," she said, "I know it's going to be tough today, but a day doesn't last long. It will be okay. I love you and make sure you get a seat next to someone on the train."

"Okay mum," I sighed, "I love you too and I will send a letter at the end of the day to tell you how it goes."

"Okay, love. Make sure you work hard now. DON'T LET ME DOWN!!" Her voice grew as I started to walk away with my trolley in front of me, rolling my eyes.

I began to get even more anxious. Wondering how I could even get to platform 9 and 3/4. I looked at my ticket, and back to the sign that said platform 9.

How the hell do I get to the train dammit?

"Come on Ced, the barrier to platform 9 and 3/4 will shut if we don't get there in time. COME ON CED!!" A boy shouted. He looked about the same age as me.

I might as well follow them. I mean I don't know where else to go.

"Right you go first mate. I'll be right behind you," The other boy said.

"Okay. See you there," he replied. He went and ran through a wall. Wait, what the fuck?

"Excuse me? I'm sorry to bother you, is this the way to the Hogwarts train?" I said, showing my ticket at the same time.

He looked awkward. I already felt uncomfortable asking him. WHY AM I LIKE THIS.

"Yeah, it is. You do know how to go through the wall do you?"

I paused and shook my head.

The boy sighed. "All you do is run, with your trolley, straight to that wall and you turn right. Don't worry, I will be right behind you. I would do it now, as there's not much time to get to the train."

"Okay. Thank you. What's your name?"

"Cedric. Cedric Diggory," He smiled.

"Hi," I chuckled.