ALIENATION

"Well nice to meet you Astoria, but we have to get going," Draco spoke bitterly as he grabbed my wrist.

"What do you mean?" I asked, turning from Astoria to Draco.

His face looked down at me as I raised an eyebrow.

"We need to leave, Jennifer. Don't make me pick you up and carry you away," He huffed as he slowly got up.

"Draco, I'm not leaving. We still have ten minutes left and I'm not done talking," I said, pulling my wrist away from his grip.

Draco stood up and dropped my wrist as I looked down at the floor.

"If I leave now, you won't see me again today."

I opened my mouth and I paused, looking up and down at his tall figure. His arms were crossed as the white cuffs of his shirt were rolled up to his elbows, exposing the thin pale bandage surrounding his left forearm. I looked back up to his eyes, which had the tiniest hint of blue in his deep grey, pooling eyes. They slowly disappeared at how deeply he was starting to glare at me. Deep down, I was frustrated. I was. But that frustration, anger and torment I had for him burned into a fire inside me of lust, desire and - hunger. Irritable hunger, that would make me want to do so many unspeakable things to him that he would never dare to control me again.

But yet again, I remained speechless. With a brief crossing of my legs, I looked down at my hands entwined with the ends of my hair.

"Bye then," I said, rolling my eyes.

Before I could look up, he was gone.

"You okay?" The girl said, diverting me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I am," I lied.

"Is he your boyfriend?"

I bitterly laughed for a second.

"I suppose he is."

She looked up at me with saddened eyes. 

"You know, it's not my place, but if any person treats you like that then you shouldn't be with him."

I looked up and I knew she meant well.

But she could never know what lies beneath us.

"Thank you, but I know Draco means well. He's...lovely."

She smiled and looked over to the other tables. 

"So...what are the other houses like?"

I paused. Apart from Cedric and Flynn, I haven't bothered to talk to anyone else.

"Uh, I actually don't know. I just started school a couple of weeks ago."

She raised her eyebrows and looked at Draco's empty seat. 

"So you have only been with this...Draco...for a couple of weeks then?" She questioned.

I paused, narrowing my eyes slightly.

"I mean, it's been a couple of days..." I said slowly, looking at her carefully, "...but I suppose things happen for a reason."

As she nodded, taking my words in, I examined her carefully.

I mean, Draco showed no interest in her whatsoever. So why is she asking questions about him? 

Maybe she likes him.

"So, I saw you talking with Damon over there," I said, my breath hitching.

"You know him?" 

Her voice was surprised, almost as if what I said was suspicious.