Chapter 3: Week 1 pt 3

"I have no idea what to do."

"Tikki! I thought that you always knew what to do. What do you mean?" Tikki just shrugged.

"As a kwami, I don't have parents. None of us do. We just pop up out of the ground and begin learning the way of the kwami." (A/N: I have no idea how kwamis become kwamis so please don't hate on meh) Marinette sighed. This wasn't going anywhere. And if Tikki, one of the wisest beings she knows, doesn't know what to do, then what chance does she have of becoming a great mother? Marinette smirked at the irony of how when she was 14 all she could think about was Adrien and how they were going to have a house and three kids and that hamster whose name was yet to be determined. She was so naive back then. She didn't realize what went into having a child.

"What am I supposed to do Tikki?", Marinette covered her face with her hands.

"Well here's just a crazy idea... and I'm just putting this out there, but... why don't you just talk to Luka?" I sigh.

"You don't get it Tikki. Luka is so enthusiastic about this baby and he is going to be a great dad, but I don't think I am capable of juggling being Ladybug and being a parent." What if I do something that hurts my future child, or what if I get injured and leave Luka to take care of this kid by himself? 

"I don't know what else to tell you Marinette. Just talk to him." Tikki lays down on Marinette's shoulder and soon her breathing slows. Marinette just sits and thinks about her future. Eventually, she drifts into a deep sleep.

Later that evening

Marinette wakes up to Luka's face and the scent of Italian. 

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty," Luka murmurs, her head on his lap and his hands twirling her hair. "You ready to eat?"

They sit eating, Luka glances up every so often at Marinette while talking about a new song that he was working on for when the new baby arrives. Marinette just answers with a "wow" or a "that's cool" now and then while staring at her pasta. 

She kept thinking about what Tikki had said. Talk to Luka. This was a simple task. All she had to do was tell her husband how she felt. It shouldn't be too difficult, right?

"Mari, is there something wrong?" Marinette looked up like she was broken out of some trance.

"What? Oh, no, it's..." Marinette looked up to see Luka giving her his full attention. "It's nothing really." She was slapping herself on the inside. This is the perfect opportunity to tell Luka what was on her mind. Just say something.

"Mari, I know there's something wrong. Please, just tell me," Luka encouraged, his voice laced with concern. Tikki was floating behind Luka, motioning for her to continue.

"Ok, Luka... the truth is-"

"Breaking news! There is a new villain that goes by the name of Jaded Tiger who is destroying Paris! Citizens are panicking!" When did the tv even turn on? Never mind that! Paris is in danger!  Marinette gets up abruptly and runs toward Tikki before Luka grabs her arm.

"Luka, what are you doing! Paris needs me!", Marinette shouted. 

"Mari, what are you doing. Our child also needs you," Luka replied. His big blue eyes were gazing into Marinette's and she could feel the anxiety emanating off of him, pleading for her to stay with him, where it's safe. Marinette gave Luka a quick kiss.

"Chat Noir will help me so I'm not going in alone and I promise that I'll be careful. But I have to go save Paris so that our child can have a future." Luka reluctantly let go of her hand and Marinette began to say the transformation words.

"Tikki spots on!" Marinette then ran to their balcony and zipped away towards where the villain was wreaking havoc in Paris.

Chat Noir's POV

"Citizens of Paris! Bow to your leader!" Jaded Tiger was going on with the usual villain rant about how he was going to take over the world and nobody could stop him. Oh so original. Chat Noir was currently sitting on top of the Eiffel Tower, observing how the villain's power worked and coming up with a plan. 

Pffft. Like he would actually come up with a plan. Chat decided that now that the villain had his power ballad over with, it was time to introduce himself.

"Wow. What original plans you have. Did you get it from the 'How to be a Villain for Dummies' book?" Chat slid down using his pole and made his way to Jaded Tiger. The villain immediately struck at Chat with his claws. The villain had long sharp claws that resembled those of a tiger. He was very muscular and fought like a predator trying to capture prey.

Chat Noir dodged and struck at Jaded Tiger with his own claws. They both lunged at each other and tackled each other to the ground.

"As much as I love a good catfight, it's time to break you boys up." Chat heard a voice say and he instinctively perked up. 

"Hey LB!" Chat called out to her. "Glad you could make it, but I think I got the situation han-"  Just at that moment Jaded Tiger makes another big swipe at Chat Noir. Ladybug reacts just in time and pulls Chat out of the way with her Yoyo. 

"You were saying," Ladybug said with a smug smirk.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks for the save LB! Now let's show this villain who's boss!" Ladybug and Chat Noir fight the villain and after Chat cataclysms the Eiffel tower to make it a cage for Jaded Tiger. The police then come and take the villain away to jail.

"Pound it!" Chat fist bumps his partner just like they always did since they were teenagers. Chat found himself thinking back to those days a lot. As much as he promised himself to not dwell on the past and those regrets, he still finds himself thinking about it from time to time.

Ladybug jumps to a nearby roof and Chat follows.

"Hey LB, I've been meaning to ask you," Chat Noir began, "Is something wrong?" Ladybug keeps jumping.

"What do you mean?" She asks after stopping on a random roof.

"I mean, during the fight with Jaded Tiger, you seemed off. Like something was holding you back. You kept your distance more than normal. And whenever he came close to you, you always took evasive maneuvers." Chat furrowed his brow, "It made the fight longer than it needed to be and you were always taking the safe route even if it was the least efficient one. That's not something the Ladybug I know would do." Ladybug sighed.

"I guess I should tell you since you are my partner." Ladybug started. " I'm not going to be able to help you as Ladybug for a little while." Chat Noir's eyes widened and he looked really concerned.

"What do you mean? Are you giving up being Ladybug? You can't just give up Marinette, you have to be Ladybug." Chat Noir blurted.

"No, no, no, It's nothing like that," Ladybug reassured. "It's just that... I'm pregnant."

Chat Noir .exe. has stopped working

That is the end of this chapter! Thank you so much if you are actually reading this. I am soo sorry for taking so long to update my stories. I can't promise regular updates but I am going to try and make more stories to read. So I am going to try and write one-shots in a different "book". This will be updated whenever I think of an idea for a one-shot but it won't take away from my other stories. It might even help the quality and the quantity of my writing in the long run. That's it for now!

Stay Tuned!