Prologue: Rejection

Here it is!

The story is now, here!

Now let's get on with it!

Adrien's POV

All he could do was stand there in shock.

It was his fault in the first place that he was in this predicament.

He was the one who suggested that they reveal their identities since Hawkmoth was now defeated.

(A/N in this world, Hawkmoth is not Adrien's father. I know that this might get some hate, but that's just how it is. Otherwise, things would not work out)

He was the one who kept nagging Ladybug until she finally agreed.

And now, he didn't know what to think.

Ladybug, His lady was also his friend.

Marinette.

The only word that echoed in his head.

How could he not see it earlier?

They have the same hairstyle, same eyes, same voice, same everything!

"M'lady" Chat Noir finally managed to choke out as he stood there dumbfounded.

"I get it," Marinette mumbled. "You didn't expect someone like me to be the amazing Ladybug."

Chat then suddenly reached a hand out to Marinette.

"I'm relieved that it turned out to be you." Adrien's eyes crinkled at the corners as he detransformed.

Marinette's POV

Marinette gasped when seeing that her partner was her crush.

Well, her ex-crush.

She remembered all the planning that she and her friends made so that she could finally tell Adrien how she felt.

She remembered her flustered feeling every time he even interacted with her.

But that was before.

Before she realized that if she couldn't be herself around him, then he wasn't the right person for her.

Besides, he always liked someone else and wasn't interested in her at all.

Always calling her a great friend.

He'd said that one too many times and finally, it clicked in her head. 

If he just wanted to be friends and liked someone else, then maybe that was all they were meant to be.

Just friends.

Her mind snapped back to the reality that was in front of her. 

She saw Adrien walking towards her.

She saw him blushing, a new look that she never saw on him before.

She saw him look at her like how she used to look at him.

And she turned red, but for a different reason than all the other times, she turned red on account of Adrien.

This time she was red with anger.

"What's wrong, princess?" Adrien looked confused. "Did I do something to upset you?"

Oh no he wasn't.

After all those times she cried because she thought that she wasn't good enough.

After all those times she embarrassed herself on his account.

After all those times she dropped huge hints that she liked him.

Now he chose to return the feelings.

After she stopped feeling them.

After he found out that she was Ladybug.

"It must be hard to be a superhero," Marinette whispered.

"What"

"I said it must be so hard for you to be a superhero, with how blind you are."

"What do you mean." Adrien stumbled, clearly dumbfounded.

"I mean, after all this time, after I tried pouring my heart out to you only to have it stomped on with your 'she's just a friend' talk and your 'I'm in love with someone else'." Marinette was just getting started on her 'speech'.

"I loved you Adrien, and all you did was ignore me.'' Marinette breathed, not noticing before how light her shoulders felt now that she could say all of this to Adrien. 

"You stomped on my heart because you fell for me in a polka dot suit! You didn't fall for the real me. The only difference between me and Ladybug is that Ladybug is a mixture of me and my Kwami!" Marinette felt some wetness on her cheeks. 

She hadn't realized that she was crying now.

"And after I finally get over you, I reveal my identity and it turns out that you are the exact person that I did not want to see again." Adrien flinched at that and Marinette stopped her rant.

Even though she was angry, she still didn't want to hurt Adrien. She just had to get all of her feelings off her chest.

"Well...I didn't know that you felt this way." Adrien finally managed to say, filling the space.

"That's kind of the whole problem." Marinette rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry Mari-" Adrien started to say.

"No. I'm sorry Adrien." Marinette glared. "Sorry that you couldn't see what was right in front of you sooner."

Marinette transformed into Ladybug and whizzed away with her yo-yo, leaving Adrien to think about what just went on.

Wow.

I did not think that this prologue would get so long.

I guess I kind of used this to vent my frustrations with Adrienette.

I guess this means a part two will be coming up.

Stay tuned.