/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛/

Time for the worst part.

The window was clear. Clear for the whole world to see. I couldn't see any smudges against the glass pane. My head lay restless on the icy surface, listening to quiet music through my earbuds. My eyes danced around the outside world, not much out there to see, but enough to keep my eyes open.

Many suitcases lay at my feet, my little sister on the chair to my right, my little brother on a chair to my left. Mom had gone to buy us all a snack. The plane wouldn't be here till another half hour.
"Better being early than sorry!" My mom would always say.

I wore George's large grey hoodie over a small tank top. It still smelled like him even though he gave it to me the night that I stayed over with him.

The sound of Clays laugh echoed through the long hallway. I picked my head up from the window and took out an earbud. George, Clay, Nick, Lily and Jamie were all walking towards my gate in a group.

I quickly got up and hurried over to them, dodging other suitcases that were spread out on the carpet beneath me.

I collapsed into Jamie and Lily's arms, they both wrapped their arms around me and buried their faces in my shoulders.

"Don't leave please." Jamie whimpered.
I sighed shakily, trying to hold back the misery built up inside me.

"I wish I could stay, I really do.." I whispered.
"I love you." Lily sighed. I pulled back from the hug to look at her.
"I love you guys too." I weakly smiled.

I gave them one last hug before pulling away for good.

I turned to Clay which was wiping some tears from his soft eyes.

"Don't cry you big wuss." I smiled glumly.
I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He held his arms around my back and lifted me off my feet, crushing my rib cage as he hugged me even tighter.

"Ok, let me go." I wheezed.

He finally set me back down on my feet and squeezed my shoulders before letting me go.

"I hope to see you again Y/n, you're pretty cool, not gonna lie." He smirked.

"Thank you.. you're pretty cool too I guess." I teased before turning to Nick.

He opened up his arms wide with a big smile.

"I'll miss you Y/n." He said as he squeezed me tightly.

"I'll miss you too." I smiled.

I turned around and saw the boy I thought I'd never have to do this with. I tried to smile but it just felt wrong. His dark brown eyes sparkled by the tears forming on his bottom eyelid.

I slumped my head on his chest as he pulled me in closer by my waist.

He didn't say anything. He just held on to me with silence. The drum of his heart pounded against his chest.

I didn't want to let go. He was the only one who truly understood me. Everyday I've spent with him was the happiest day of my life.

"It's gonna be ok." He whispered, rubbing my back softly with his thumb.

He must've heard my shaking breath as I tried holding back the tears.

"Okay.." I whispered back.
It wasn't gonna be okay.

I finally pulled back and stood to look at him. I got caught in his dreamy eyes as he smiled weakly.

Giving in for his captivating features, I broke space between us. His soft lips connected with mine and millions of fluttering began intensifying down in my stomach. I wasn't sure why I was reacting this way, we've kissed before, but this, it felt different.

Even though we were in the middle of an airport, it felt as if we were in the clouds. Gravity felt unreal as he deepened the kiss. His hand slid so effortlessly against my jaw and held it as he kissed me again.

We pulled away to catch a breath but I wanted more. I longed for his lips to touch mine again. I wanted to feel that feeling one more time.

He held both sides of my face with his cool hands and moved closer until our noses were inches apart. He smiled, god, his smile.

"I love you Y/n, I won't ever stop loving you." He whispered, I could hear the crack in his voice, slowly breaking, as his eyes weakened.

"You won't stop?" I repeated, my face still held in his hands as our eyes reflected off each other.

He exhaled slightly with a soft smile and let go of my face. He brought his arms back down to his sides and picked up my arm up from my wrist.
His fist clenched as he stuck out his pinky finger. He then untangled my fingers so that my smallest finger was sticking out too. He linked his with mine and smiled.

"I promise, pinky, promise."

My mom returned with a drink carrier and a bag from Starbucks. She gave George a melancholy smile as she walked past us to my younger siblings back at the window.

"I.. guess this is it." I sighed heavily.

"I'll text you everyday, and call you every night." George said with a reassuring smile.

I said my final goodbyes and packed up my stuff. Before I could walk into the gate, George ran up behind me and hugged me one last time.

"George, I know, you'll see me again I promise!" I laughed as he held on to me tightly.

"I know, I know, I just." He sighed.

"You just, what?"

He looked down at his feet and laughed softly.

"I wanted to give you something, before you leave." He paused
"I know, it's cheesy, but I think you'll like it."

He reached into his small backpack from his shoulder and pulled out a small brown book.

The cover was a brown paper that was slightly torn, but it made it look more ethereal. There was no title, or writing, or anything on the cover and back of the book. The spine was cracked, revealing the off-white cover beneath the paper.

I took the book form his hand and began opening the cover.

"Wait, don't open it yet, wait till you're in California." He interjected, placing his hand on the cover, keeping my from opening.

"Why?..." I hesitated.

"Just, trust me." He grinned.

"Y/n, we gotta go!" My mom complained.

I apologized and hugged George, thanking him for the mysterious gift. He squeezed me tight and pecked me on the lips.

"I'll see you." He smiled.