/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟/

I woke up the text morning with a raging headache. Every blink, every thought, any movement caused it to pound. When I tried to position myself better in the bed, a weight held me down. George's arm was wrapped around my waist as he nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck. His breath was slow, his chest rising and falling slowly too.

I slowly lifted his arm off my waist, making sure not to wake him. I slid out from the covers, making the least amount of noise possible. I noticed I was in my pajamas already, my clothes from last night folded neatly on top of my suitcase. My breath hitched when he moved slightly, repositioning himself but falling back asleep right away.

I let out a sigh of relief and made my way to the door, holding my head in pain. It was around 8am, the sun was up and shining already. As the great girlfriend I am, I will make him a wonderful breakfast and give him the best birthday he could wish for. I already have so many plans for today. First, of course I need to take motrin to cool down my hangover.

I made my way to the fridge, squinting in the bright light, looking for ingredients. I took out some eggs, milk and butter and spread it out on the granite counter. Next I dragged my legs to the cupboard and grabbed some flour and salt. My grandfather always used to make crepes with me. I basically memorized the recipe by now.

As I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl and added some water, I prepared a pan on the stove, turning it on medium heat. Then I poured a small amount of the batter into the pan, turning the pan in a circular motion until it covered the whole thing.

While they cooked, I prepared some fresh strawberries, washing them throughly in the sink and cutting them in slices.

After around 15 minutes of me dragging my legs across the kitchen floor and preparing food across the tables, I finally finished. I leaned back against the counter, admiring my creation.

I took a sip of water when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I quickly rushed to the corner wall and hid behind the doorframe, waiting for him to walk past.

"Happy birthday!" I squealed, jumping on his back and wrapping my legs around his torso.

He let out a startled scream and stumbled to the side, catching himself on the counter.

"Jesus, don't scare me like that." He laughed, catching his breath.

"Go look in the kitchen." I whispered in his ear while still latched onto him.

He carried me over to the kitchen table and immediately gasped.
"You made this all for me?"

"Of course I did, now let's eat I'm starving." I laughed, hopping off his back and sitting down at the table.

"How do you feel this morning?" He asked, stuffing his face with the crepes.

"Not great but it's starting to cool down.. did I do anything stupid last night?"

"Oh you passed out in my arms at the party then blabbered on about random things on the car ride home. Something about chicken?" He laughed.

"Oh uh wow. And this?" I pointed out my old Mickey mouse shirt and stifled a laugh.

"Oh- no no, not like that." He choked.
"Nothing- happened, You actually got dressed yourself, I folded them nicely after you threw them on the ground and passed out on the bed." He explained, I just laughed as his face turned red.

"What's the plan for today?" He asked, finishing off the strawberries.

"Well I was thinking we could maybe have a picnic for lunch? Ooh and we could walk around downtown. Oh and I want to go to the beach later tonight again." I explained, making sure to add in every detail.