/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒/

Y/n's Pov

4 days have passed.

George leaves around the same time to go to the school, go to the grocery store. It changes everyday. I understand that he needs to finish his schoolwork and graduate this year. I understand that he needs to provide for us by getting the necessities from the store. But he never asks me to go with him.

He always seems in a bad mood now. His frown growing more by the day. He hasn't been eating much either, every meal he prepares he takes a few bites before excusing himself saying, "I'm not that hungry."

I try asking him about it. I try to ask him what's wrong or how he's feeling but he just pushes me away, putting on an obvious fake smile, "I'm okay, no worries."

Clay and Nick have been stopping by to hangout. Sometimes we would play a simple board game, or maybe cook something new for George when he comes back from wherever he was. I ask them if they know anything about George but they have no clue either. Apparently he won't speak to them at all.

"Y/n? You home?" Clays voice rang through the house as I sat comfortably in the living room.

"Yeah I'm here, what's up?"

"Is George gone again?" He asked slowly, joining me on the couch with a sigh.

"Yeah. He should be back soon though." I shrugged, giving a half smile.

"I'm really sorry he keeps leaving, I don't know what he's been doing." Clay sighed, running his fingers through his blonde hair stressfully.

"He has to get school work, its okay." I smiled, patting his shoulder assuringly.

Clay smiled softly at me, but his eyes still gave off a nervous glare. He knew I felt unsure too. I wasn't even sure enough myself. But again, if I ask, it will be the same answer as always.

"I brought some cake mix, You wanna bake a cake?" Clay said after a few moments of silence.

I excitedly agreed and hopped off the couch, skipping to the kitchen. We started by pouring the chocolate cake mix into a large bowl, Clay getting most of it on the counter instead.

"Dude- This is the easiest part of making a cake and you already fucked up." I laughed, trying to scoop up the excess powder.

"I'm sorry, my hands are shaky today it's not my fault." He scoffed, blowing the powder off his palm and into my face.

I coughed at the big cloud and rolled my eyes at him before getting some eggs from the fridge and cracking one into the bowl. I couldn't trust Clay enough to do it.

"Can I crack one of them?" He asked politely, cupping his face in his hands as he leaned on the counter.

"No. You'll probably get an egg shell in it." I laughed.

He scrunched up his nose and picked up an egg without my permission. I looked up at him and was about to say something but he cut me off by smashing the egg on the top of my head with a smug smile.

"You mother fucker." I muttered, closing my eyes as the yellow goo dripped down my forehead.

"Can I crack one?" He repeated, smiling brightly.

I glared at him and left him alone with the eggs so I could wash the one off my head. He gave a simple "Thanks!" as I rinsed my hair under the kitchen sink, cringing at the gooey substance running down the strands of hair.
I eventually let him do the rest of the work considering he might throw another fit and take it out on me. I couldn't risk getting oil poured over my head.