I like her

"This is it," Bonnie said, she opened the door. She stepped aside so that Aliza could enter.

The rest were escorted to their respected rooms by Stefan. Aliza liked the guy, he was sweet and polite and was a teacher here in the school. Aliza's room was a little away from the rest of them, maybe because she was a kid and they decided to give her the dorm room of one of their students. Aliza didn't mind, technically she was here to learn.

Bonnie was a nice woman, so far by Kol's weird greeting, Aliza figured she was a witch. She was warm and welcoming, sharing a mutual dislike for Kol.

Aliza liked her too.

The room was smaller than her room in New Orleans and India but was spacious and cozy, with a bed situated in the middle. The faint smell of wood and dust lingering in the air.

A typical room of a teenager, except a lot messier than she expected. Aliza wasn't a neat freak but she kept her room fairly organized. Although by the looks of it, whoever stayed in that room, could use a lesson in cleaning. The bed was shabby, the sheets crumpled and the pillows scattered. There were piles of books dumped in the corner that made Aliza wince. A few clothes lying here and there.

Some serious lessons in cleaning.

"I'm sorry for the mess," Bonnie said in an embarrassed voice, she walked further into the room and started to pick the clothes up from the ground. "I swear I told Hope to clean up before she leaves. Her room isn't usually this messy, trust me."

Aliza recognized the name and said, "Hope as in Hope Mikaelson?"

Bonnie looked at her, "You know who Hope is?"

She shrugged, "Yeah. Azure, my friend, she told me."

"Azure, the girl with crazy chess skills?"

Aliza smiled proudly and nodded, "Yep, that's her."

She stood in the middle of the room, inspecting it with interest. Hope must have been in a hurry because it looked like she stormed into the room, threw her stuff in her bag, and stormed out. Aliza couldn't blame her, if she was told she could go home this second she wouldn't waste another second to make a run for it.

The room seemed indeed comfortable, there was a window on one side, just a few steps away from the bed. The bed looked soft and fluffy with four pillows. There was a lamp on the nightstand beside the bed, post-it notes of different colors stuck on it. A cozy chair was situated near the window.

A painting stand that stood in the other corner of the room caught Aliza's attention. It reminded her of Niklaus, though she hadn't seen his paintings herself she knew he was good. The corners of her lips twitched in amusement.

Like father, like daughter.

"So you are a witch?" Aliza asked, as a conversation starter, which made her bite the inside of her cheek to stop herself from laughing.

Bonnie said, without taking her eyes off the bed she was cleaning, "Yeah. I'm a Bennett witch."

That piqued Aliza's interest, "Wait. You're a Bennett witch?"

"You know about them?" Bonnie asked, sounding impressed.

"Yep. I've read about them. They are a very powerful coven. Your ancestors migrated here, in Mystic Falls in 1692, from Salem, Massachusetts to escape the witch trials. Your coven was dominated by women and your family is also descended from a Traveler bloodline. The Bennett family has been linked to both the Salvatore family and the Petrova family since the 1st century B.C."

The books Freya had let Aliza borrow were so interesting to the point where Vincent had to snatch the book out of her hands and threatened to hide all her Marvel action figures and her DVD collection because she refused to get up from the couch and go to sleep.