Nightmares

Trigger warning: Self Harm.

If someone feels uncomfortable reading such a topic then they can skip to the next scene that starts after this ******.

Also if someone feels disturbed please feel free to message me. I may not respond on time but I will try my best.

And there are many other organizations out there that provide free counseling too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her head hurt.

Everything felt so intense and heavy to the point where she had no idea what was going on with her.

She couldn't sleep, the screams of those people, the blood on her hands, his laughter echoing in her mind, haunted her in her slumber. She felt so lost, so hopeless, she didn't know what to say.

She didn't know who to blame for what happened. Maybe she deserved the pain that made her cry, the hurt that made it hard for her to breathe, the sick twist in her stomach that made it difficult for her to even look her mother in the eye.

At the same time, she was angry. Angry at Vincent and her parents who lied to her for ten years, angry at herself for not questioning everything sooner, for not demanding the whole truth, for keeping her doubts inside for the sake of respect.

She could see how they were trying to help her, trying to make her talk to them.

Aliza didn't attend the funeral because she couldn't. She didn't even get the time to think about the possibility of her father leaving her.

And all of a sudden he was gone.

Just gone.

She had no desire to watch her father, a kind loving man just turn into ashes. He didn't deserve this fate, he didn't deserve to die like that. He was supposed to have a peaceful death, surrounded by the people that he loved.

Aliza took that from him.

Aliza was walking through the hallways with an empty glass in her hand.

Another nightmare plagued her. She was running in the woods again, she didn't know what she was running from but she was scared, terrified that it would catch her. This time it was Kol who killed her mother, digging his fangs in her neck as she withered and screamed in his arms, yelling at Aliza to save herself.

She had the same dream repeatedly.

Sometimes it was Elijah who was killing the people that she loved, sometimes Rebekah, sometimes it was Klaus, sometimes even Marcel or Camille.

It made her feel guilty, they were all helping her, helping her mother and Vincent get through this but she couldn't stop. The nightmares won't go away.

But what made them even more terrifying was that he was watching everything from the shadows.

Laughing to himself as if it was all a show made solely for his entertainment.

Aliza wasn't paying attention ahead as she walked, her eyes were focused on the ground.

She flinched when she bumped into someone.

Kol stood there with a blood bag in his hand, the red liquid spilled on his shirt.

Aliza froze.

The nightmare came flashing into her mind like a bolt of lightning. The glass slipped from the hand and fell on the ground, shattering into pieces.