forty first chapter

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"okay just making sure," he grinned, "i'll be back. i need to try and look for bill." he said, before grabbing ben by the arm as they both got lost in the sea of people.

giselle noticed there was a stage by the end of the bar, instruments set up for the band to play. it was small but it made sense, considering the bar seemed like a more intimate area rather than a concert type place. she was excited for loaded diper and hoped that bill would give them a shot.

this would be her first time hearing rodrick and the guys play, and she was excited to hear how they sounded after hearing on and on about how their practices went from zara.

"now this is my type of scene," quinn chuckled, sitting herself comfortably on one of the bar stools. "i wonder if i can get a beer or something."

"don't forget your underage," giselle teased, joining her by the table. "i highly doubt they'd serve any of us alcohol."

quinn shrugged, "but they let us in without questioning." she pointed out, "that counts as something."

"you're right," giselle grinned.

"come on! come on!" zara's voice cut through the atmosphere, sounding absolutely annoyed. giselle turned to her friend trying to see who the source of her irritation was and unsurprisingly, it was none other than jerry.

"i told you i was peeing!" jerry retorted, as he let himself be pushed by zara into the bar. they hardly drew any attention to themselves considering most of the other people around, were focusing on other things.

"yeah yeah! but now's your time to shine so go!" zara grumbled, still moving the boy along the crowd of people.

"first of all, i wouldn't have taken so long if ben just let me take a piss!" he defended himself.

"yes but we..were..in a..hurry!" she groaned, using her strength to get the boy moving.

"and also, if your friend quinn wasn't so judgy! i wouldn't have been so shy to piss fas—"

"—excuse you, you little shit!" quinn cut through, standing up from her position on the stool and following after both zara and jerry who also began to get lost in the crowd.

"oh god," giselle sighed.

she prayed everything would go well.

••••••••••••••••••

bill walters was nowhere to be seen, the manager of buckie's told the group that he promised to be here within an hour, but time passed and he was still nowhere to be found.

giselle could feel the slight tensions between the boys and she knew how devastated they'd be if bill didn't show up, but they were trying their best to reassure them.

"fuck, this is a waste," jerry blurted out, the first one to be stating the obvious feeling everyone felt.

"he isn't even here," ben joined in, leaning his head hopelessly onto zara's shoulder.

quinn and giselle shot them each an apologetic smile, not really knowing what to say. rodrick remained quiet, his hands gripping tightly onto his drumsticks and his hair a floppy mess on top of his head. he looked tired and had barely said a word the entire time they waited.

"rodrick, it'll be fine." giselle reassured him, patting his shoulder.

he grinned at her slightly, "thanks."

"it's no problem." she replied.

"do you guys really need bill in your band?" quinn asked, daringly.

"he's got the experience we need." jerry stated.

"no, you guys are the only ex—" zara started off, until their attention got distracted by the man who had just walked into the bar.

bill walters was something, he didn't look like someone from this generation with his long 80s mane of hair, the cheetah print vest shirt he was wearing with nothing else to cover his skin, paired with tight black leather jeans. he looked like someone had forgot to tell him they were in the year 2019 and nobody dressed that way anymore.

"it's god."  jerry said, dazed.

"more like your drunk uncle," quinn snickered.

"sup guys," bill beamed, his tone giving off extremely surfer dude vibes.

the six teenagers remained quiet, not knowing how to respond. rodrick, ben and jerry looked absolutely starstruck.

"so you're loaded diper yeah?" bill spoke up once more.

ben nodded his head, "yes that's us."

"totally rad name." he complimented, his eyes covered under mascara. "now are you gonna show me what you got or not?"

"yes sir, we are more than ready." ben said, enthusiastically standing up from his position and grabbing onto jerry. "let's go boys!" he exclaimed, rushing to the stage.

rodrick stood up, a smile finally forming on his face as he proudly showed off his drumsticks. he turned towards giselle for a quick moment, bending down to her ear level.

"do you have any mascara on you?" he whispered.

giselle felt shivers run through her spine with how close they were as she shook her head no. "ask quinn and i think you meant eyeliner,"she chuckled.

"thanks," he grinned, making her insides turn as he turned towards quinn instead.

••••••••••••••
omg i'm sorry this was so bad
but i hope you guys liked it either way!