forty seventh chapter

NEW POST FROM GISELLEAOKI

177 likes

giselleaoki: uber pulled up

tagged: rodrickdrums

5 comments

quinnofurheart: i give it 2 stars

benthegreat: 5 stars for handsomeness

zarabanes: ^ at this point, rodrick and i are sharing a boyfriend

rodrickdrums: zarabanes he was mine first

_________________________________

going out for ice cream with rodrick didn't seem like a bad idea, giselle was more than happy to go. she was trying her best to let her feelings go with the flow after hearing quinn and zara's repeated advice on not overthinking the situation too much. she liked rodrick and she wanted to spend time with him.

but yes, it didn't change the fact that she was scared of what would happen in the long run and if rodrick would one day change his mind and not see her the same way. if it happened before, it could happen again, giselle thought to herself.

"penny for your thoughts?" rodrick spoke up, snapping the girl out of her daze.

she didn't even realize how spaced out she might've been, until she noticed the small drips of ice cream running down her hand. "oh god, i'm sorry." she chuckled, grabbing a tissue and wiping the sticky bits off her palm.

"don't worry bout it," rodrick grinned, taking a bite of his ice cream.

"ew who bites ice cream?" giselle shuddered, at the thought of the cold sensation through her gritted teeth. "are you even human, heffley."

rodrick chuckled, shaking his head at her reaction. "perfectly human, aoki."

"i beg to differ," she teased, finding herself getting distracted once again. giselle tended to space out more than usual, she'd be perfectly in sync with the convo but her mind would focus onto something and poof, she was stuck in daze.

rodrick found it adorable, the way she scrunched up her nose when she thought of something and how quiet she got without even realizing. at this point, he was starting to get used to it. "what's on your mind, gi?"

giselle gave him a small smile, sighing to herself. "nothing, i just love ice cream." she lied.

rodrick rolled his eyes playfully, leaning back onto the bench they were sat on so they were in the same seating position. "oh i bet you do, but there must be something going on in that big mind of yours."

giselle grinned, staring out into the parking lot of berry's ice cream parlour. i mean yes of course, there was a lot on her mind and all she ever wanted was to spill it all out, but she hated having to burden someone else with her thoughts. it took her forever to actually admit to zara that she was beginning to like rodrick and now here he was, asking her what was on her mind.

"have you ever been scared of something?" she asked, refusing to meet his gaze.

"of what exactly?"

"how people would react to what you do or how you feel," she continued.

rodrick stayed silent for a second before speaking up. "well..yeah.. of course, i mean my parents weren't too okay on the music thing but we've moved pass that..i hope..and well for the second part.." he trailed off, trying to think of the words to say.

"of course i have, i mean i've felt humiliated before by someone i thought i liked and i guess that hurt." rodrick let out, hardly believing he was opening up about this.

giselle's expression softened, curious to hear more. "i'm sorry to hear that."

"no it's cool, i swear, i've moved on from it." rodrick reassured her, "but i guess, she made me scared to show off my feelings because she made it seem like a bad thing, like it was something that was so embarrassing but i was just being me, you know?"

"and that's how it should be, you should always be yourself with someone you like." giselle smiled.

"i know that now for sure," he grinned. "now what about you, miss mysterious?"

"i am not mysterious," giselle rolled her eyes playfully.

"yes you are, i hardly feel like i know how you feel about stuff." rodrick said, "but no pressure or rush in telling me."

giselle shrugged, sighing once again. "at this point, i'd rather just let it out."

"i'm all ears, captain."

"i guess i've felt humiliated before by someone, they really made themselves seem so perfect and genuine you know?" giselle scoffed. "and i hate that i fell for it because i actually thought that someone could really feel that way about me."

"turns out, it was all for show and before i could even fall deeper into the trap, i ran off but that didn't mean it ended there..." she trailed off, her voice sounding shaky. "he'd gone off and told almost every teenager in plainview that i was easy and that i went to a catholic school so i'd put out without a single hesitation...do you know how horrible that is? i felt violated .. i just...how could i ever believe someone genuinely liked me when that was going around." she explained, focusing intently on her hands. she didn't want rodrick to pity her, it was the last thing she needed. giselle felt like this weight was finally off her shoulders after saying everything she's been feeling for a while.

and that's when it dawned on rodrick, all the times she's gotten scared and distanced herself from him. the way jerry mentioned those absurd rumours at the party and how giselle always crept carefully around him. this was because of a rumour, a rumour giselle didn't deserve to deal with.

he looked at her with a genuine expression on his face, "giselle you are the most beautiful, funny and intelligent girl i have ever met and the fact that you even stayed my friend and kept me company is beyond me. i know i'm not the smartest but it is not a shock that any man in his right state of mind would fall for you, i mean you are you, damn it. every single thing about you is amazing. you make people laugh and you..you create art in the most unique way possible..i mean.. you are everything good in the world put together in one person and—" he stopped himself.

just say it rodrick, he thought just say it.

but he knew his moment had passed and the confidence died down.

giselle felt herself let out a breath, she could hardly believe her ears and the way her heart was pounding in her chest. there was no way this just happened, she thought to herself. it wasn't anything she'd ever expected or heard before. it was so much more.

she gave him a small smile as she took his hand and for what felt like forever, finally interlaced their fingers with one another.

__________________________

im soft, im crying, bye-----