sixth chapter

rodrick had definitely begun to take this mom bucks thing seriously, well, in a certain way. he'd found a bunch of old monopoly money from thrift stores and decided to use them to his own advantage.

i mean he didn't exactly feel too bad about the lying, the money was worth it, rodrick just had to remind himself of one his essential mottos. "don't be good at something you don't wanna do." and that something was being nice to greg. it was his easy way out.

and now here he was speeding his way back home after picking up greg and his dweeb friend rowley from school. it was the least rodrick could do for his performative big brother act for his mom.

"slow down!" greg exclaimed in the back, as he unsuccessfully tried to hold onto the front seat.

"less talking, more speed!" rodrick yelled, obviously hyped at how fast his raggedy old van was going.

ben laughed at the two little kids reaction as they toppled over each other in the back, before settling back down in his seat.

"rodrick! check it out!" he exclaimed, pointing giddily at the group of girls waiting by the crosswalk.

as if his instincts snapped in place, rodrick hit the brakes and found himself feeling flustered at the sight of seeing giselle in person once again. she stood by the sidewalk waiting to cross with her two friends, zara and quinn.

god she was beautiful, he thought to himself. she had light brown hair that looked like it was dyed with blonde highlights , olive skin and a small mousy face. she looked ethereal like a fairy in rodrick's mind and he couldn't help but feel sheepish at the sight of her. her eyes gaped at the sight of him as if she were embarrassed by his presence, but rodrick didn't take it to offense, as she covered her bandaged up nose from him. she's so cute, he thought.

"jesus man, stop staring." ben chuckled at his friend, who once again looked dumbfounded.

rodrick shook his thoughts away as giselle and her friends walked across the crosswalk, obviously giggling at rodrick's stares. giselle rolled her eyes at her friend's teasing as she quickly made her way to the other side of the street.

"can you take us home now!" greg's muffled voice spoke up, causing rodrick to instantly hit the gas to avoid feeling more flushed than he already did.

she just had to leave him on seen