CHAPTER 2

"What are you doing! Where are you taking me?"

"Patience dad!"

"But why this blindfold?" 

"Dad!"

"Stairs? We are climbing down stairs? You have my eyes covered and then now I am descending down the stairs!  We might lose balance!"

"Will you shut up !"

"But…"

"Shut up, dad!"

"Okay okay but at least tell me where are we going early in morning?"

"Do you know there is a word called surprise,SURPRISE? I am trying to give you one, if you know what it means."

"But…"

"Don’t you trust me, dad?"

"Of Course I do. You know i trust you more than myself…"

"Then?"

"All I am telling is what is the need of covering my eyes? You can remove this stupid cloth and take me wherever you want to."

"And completely ruin our plan! "

"But.."

"No more ifs and buts, just shut up and keep walking."

"But we might get hurt!"

"Your eyes are covered, not mne! Stop behaving like a child and keep walking."

"Bacche…"

"STOP"

"Lekin…"

"Dad I swear if you utter a word again I might seriously push you !"

"Okay okay okay calm down, I will be quiet."

"GOOD."

The father daughter duo kept walking quietly. After some time they stopped . She removed the cloth around her fathers eyes but told him not to open them.

"Bacche ,where are you? When can I open my eyes? "

"Just a sec dad!"

"Okay now, on the count of three you will open your eyes, she said."

1 2 3…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr Mishra! Happy birthday…

Mr Mishra was overwhelmed with the sight in front of his eyes. It was a hall fully decorated with white and blue balloons and  ribbons, balloons lay scattered on the floor. The room was filled with people, his friends, relatives and colleagues. In the middle on a table stood a cake . Everyone was wishing him and there in the right corner stood his daughter with the biggest smile on her face.

"Thank you everyone," he said with tears in his eyes.

"And you! Come here!" he said pointing towards his daughter.

"Sorry for covering your eyes, but did you like the surprise dad?" She asked nervously.

"Like?"

She nodded, biting her nails.

"Should I tell the truth?" 

"Y ye yes dad," she shuttered.

"I don’t like it."

She nodded meekly.

"I am sorry da.."

"I love it."

"What?"

"Yes my darling daughter I love it, I love your surprise," he told her smiling.

"I am so happy dad you like it," she squealed with happiness.

"Thank you bacche",he said, embracing her.

Both of them had tears in their eyes.

"Come on time up,end of melodrama", someone from the guest shouted.

Come let's cut the cake, another said.

Come dad.

They went and cut the cake. Happiness filled the air of that place. All of them were enjoying themselves. After eating the guests were all gone . mr mishra along with his daughter stood there, both of them with a content smile.

"So, did you dad?" she asked.

"Enjoy? I had the best time of my life", he replied smiling widely.all thanks to you my princess.

"You are welcome my lord!" She smiled.

"Thank you my child for making my birthday so special."

"Stop being dramatic mr sanjay mishra", she rolled her eyes. 

"No I mean it." He once again embraced her with glassy eyes.

"You know you are the most melodramatic dad but the best dad too and I love you," she said, hugging him tightly.

"I know I am the best," he chuckled.

"God! This is the real you, the  self obsessed arrogant bossy human being". She said frowning.

"But you love this human being ", he answered humorously.

"I can't help it," she huffed.

"Come let's go back home if you don’t plan to keep standing here and narrating my qualities,'' Mr Mishra said rolling his eyes.

"Sure let's go," she grinned.

"And please don’t cover my eyes again , I don’t want to get hurt depending on a clumsy person", he teased.

"DAD!"