Oneshot number 1!

Embry stared at the girl he was supposed to betray. Ella. No, the target. No. No. No. This was the last straw. He couldn't keep doing this. Amara would-. Embry lowered his head. Amara would make him cease to exist. His thoughts were interrupted by El- The target yelling "Hey, Embry I got it!" and then hurrying down the shaft that was supposedly containing the Elmer's School Glue, a container containing magic glue that would really tie her kingdom together.

He let out a breath of worry and unsureness, then jogged down to join her. E-The Target (Man, he was slipping) looked around first in excitement, then worry. "Uh... Embry?" She asked, turning towards him, "Where's The Elmer's School Glue?"

Embry drew out his small drawing pad, and began tracing the all-too familiar design of death. He forced himself to look her straight in the eyes and say "Oh, Ella. I'm sorry", with his voice choking at the end.

He continued after a beat. "I was sent here to... kill you, and I-I don't think I can do it." Ella took this news in silence, then a hesitant "Wh-what do you mean?". Embry cracked a mirthless smile and said, "Haven't you heard of Callidus?" A small gasp escaped her mouth and she shivered slightly.

"Yeah, I was... out of luck with them, and here we are." He sniffed, at the brink of tears. He whispered his earlier words, "I'm sorry". The tears he held back streamed down his cheeks and he slammed the now completed spell against his chest and immediately fell to the ground, breathing his last breath.

A savage cry of 'NO' echoed around the chamber and Ella knelt down beside him, tears covering her face as well. Embry managed a weak smile. Ella returned it. 

                                                           Thank you

    Well, that turned out sadder than I intended it. Most of these oneshots are probably gonna center around my go to character for writing stories, Embry. His personality will probably switch around a bit, like this specific one was pretty different than his actual one, so yeah. 

The original prompt was: Write a story where one character has to betray the other, but isn't sure if they can. 

I obviously took it to extremes, but I hope you liked it, and have a wonderful rest of either your day or night.