Night Before

* Sorry I forgot to put this in the Author's Note but there might be some characters that I had to made up in replacement of using a Haikyuu character ( they wouldn't be on one of the volleyball teams or anything like that; they'd probably be someone who attended one of the major schools)

" Y/N!" Your mother called from down the stairs.

"Yes!?" You yelled in reply, closing your laptop from which you were watching your favorite show on Crunchyroll.

"Dinner's ready!"

You hopped out of bed, put on your slippers, and started to run down the stairs, the smell of your mom's homemade soba filling your nose. You sat at the opposite end of the table from your mother. It was just you two ever since your dad left for a business trip in America. You hadn't heard from him until your mom finally allowed you to get social media and you found that he had a completely  new family and life. You balled your eyes out when you had found out and told your mom, but it was clear by her face she'd known the entire time, and didn't want to tell you.

"Itadakimasu", you say, before slurping up the hot soba.

" So how're things going with Haru?" Your mother took a sip of her tea.

"Mom, please understand that it's awkward talking to you about boys. The relationship is fine, but I'm not getting into any details about it."

"Alright alright," your mom chuckled," just wondering. Hey, tomorrow you're going to have to walk home from school , I'll be busy."

"Oh ok that's fine. Busy doing what though? You work from home..." You raised your eyebrows at your mom. 

"That doesn't concern you." Your mom grinned. 

"Hmm," you said, standing up from the table and putting your empty bowl in the sink. You then ran back up the stairs and checked your phone. 

*2 Missed Calls From: Haru <3*

                                                                                       Haru <3- 7:40 pm

y/n

y/nnn

hello??

                                                                                                                                                           oh hey haru

what took so long to respond???

                                                                                                                                                             dinner...lol

                                                                                                                                                            but what's up?

well i just wanted to ask if you're excited for tomorrow!

yk since it's the first day for you

since you no longer go to karasuno...

                                                                                                                                                       duhhh ofc i am!

                                                                                                                                       plus now I'll see you more!!!!!!