Chapter thirty three: trust

Start from the beginning

She smiled "Good, still my favorite subject." she said "You should have taken it this term, we could have been in the same class again."

"I don't really have time for it." he muttered. Draco only took up the classes that he absolutely had to take. He needed time to think, not learn about random shit he wasn't going to need to know when the war comes around.

She nodded, trying hard not to ask why he didn't have time for it.

"Draco?" her voice was soft. He hummed in response "Do you think you when this war happens," she knotted her eyebrows "that we'll still be together?" she raised her head from his shoulder and looked at him.

"I hope so," he said looking back at her with a small smile "Something would probably have gone terribly wrong to keep me from you."

She felt herself blush "You're so cheesy." she said with a small chuckle.

"Only for you," he winked then started to laugh. Ophelia shook her head as she scrunched up her nose.

She too began to laugh "It's okay though," she bit down on her lip as she tried to stop chuckling "I like it."

"I know you do, that's why I say those types of things" he said as he kissed her forehead "Though it is true, I don't think I would last more than 4 months without you," he sighed "Probably even less than that," he smiled "You keep me sane Ophelia Woodlock."

"The feeling is mutual."

-

Draco tossed up a green apple in the air and caught it with his right hand. He repeated this action as he walked down an empty corridor.

"Are you going to take anyone to the dinner?"

Draco stopped walking and furrowed his eyebrows. He peeked his head around the corner and clenched his jaw as he saw Ophelia and Harry talking. He pressed his back against the wall, trying to listen to their conversation without being seen.

"I don't think so," Potter said "Are you taking Malfoy?"

"I haven't asked him yet, but I doubt he'll say yes," Ophelia sighed "He's just been busy lately"

"Yeah about that," Harry rubbed the back of his neck "Herimone doesn't think I should tell you this, but I think you should know," he paused "I think Malfoy is a Death Eater."

Draco tried hard to resist the urge of turning the corner and hexing Potter for saying that.

"W-What?" Ophelia gave a fake laugh "Harry are you insane?" she asked "I think I would know if my boyfriend was a Death Eater." she looked at him with disbelief.

"I know it sounds mad,"

"No," Ophelia cut him off "Not mad, completely crazy." She tried to cover up her worry with a chuckle.

"You're right, but I have a feeling," he crossed his arms "And I'm not a hundred precent sure," he sighed, "but I'm telling you this because if it is true, then you need to be careful."

Ophelia shook her head and bit down hard on her sore lip "Okay," she mumbled "I should get going." Harry could tell she was not very fond of the new information she just heard, so he decided to leave her alone.

Harry nodded his head and turned around and began to walk away. Ophelia stood there and tried to steady her heavy breathing.

Draco pushed off the wall and went around the corner. "Hey," He said to her, trying to act like he didn't hear the conversion she just had. He walked closer to her.

"Hi." her voice sounded weak. She shook her head, "You'll never believe what Harry just told me," she gave out another fake laugh.

Malfoy leaned against the wall and cleared his throat "What did he say?"

"He said you were a," she stopped for a moment and sighed "a Death Eater," she looked up at him "He's wrong right?" she swallowed hard "You're not a Death Eater?" her voice was laced with worry and disbelief.

He clenched his hands, making the apple in his right hand almost burst open "No," he shook his head "Of course I'm not," he licked his dry lips "Why would he even say that?"

"Not sure," Ophelia took a deep breath.

"Do you believe him?" Draco asked worriedly.

"Um," she cleared her throat "No," she looked at him "Obviously because you would have told me," another fake laugh rolled out of her mouth "Just thought it was odd that Harry would say that." she looked at him "I trust you." she smiled.

Draco also faked a laugh and smiled. She was going to hate him once she found out.

~
thank you sm for 20k reads!! I hope you guys are enjoying the story!!

-
French line: you are no fun (Tu n'es pas marrant)