family (requested)

"Do I look alright?" Kendall asked before dropping your hand to nervously play with her hair.

You stood on the porch of your parents' home. A small get-together was taking place between them and a few of your family members, including your new baby cousin that you've been waiting to meet, and to say you're excited would be a major understatement.

"You look beautiful, as always." You reassured her and planted a quick kiss on her cheek before taking her hand back in yours. "Come on, babe. Let's go inside."

She followed you into the beautifully decorated home. She felt warm and cozy as she stepped inside. It's always felt like home to her; so inviting and comforting.

You both turned your heads at the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen. You led her into the room and as soon as you said hello and all eyes were on the both of you, your parents and other family members were coming over to say hello.

"Y/n, Kendall, it's so nice to see the both of you! Thanks for coming." Your dad said as he welcomed you in for a hug then opened his arms for Kendall could do the same.

"You know we wouldn't miss it." Kendall smiled and it only widened at the feeling of your hand squeezing hers a couple of times. She was about to speak again when a gasp fell from your lips and you dropped her hand to rush over to the dining area, where your little cousin was.

"Oh! He's so cute! I've been waiting to meet him!" You said as you knelt on the floor to be more on his level. He had a big gummy smile and a beautiful laugh that was music to your ears.

Kendall giggled from afar, simply watching you interact with him. She watched you tickle his sides and squish his cheeks and her heart began to beat faster in her chest, swelling with a love for you that was practically indescribable.

You kissed his head before going back to Kendall.

"Are you thirsty, Kenny?" You asked and went to the fridge, only for Kendall to sneak up behind you and hug you to her chest.

"Can I talk to you in private for a moment?"

"Is everything okay?" You asked worriedly as you turned around, only for her to nod with a bright smile on her face.

"Everything is perfect, baby. Just wanna talk to you about something on my mind."

You nodded and let her take your hand to lead you into the other room. It was quiet, the loud laughter and chatter falling into the distance. You sat on the staircase and put your cheek on her shoulder.

"Before I met you, I never imagined myself having a family. It wasn't something I thought about for myself. Even after Kylie had Stormi, I never thought of myself being a mom. I was happy to just be an aunt. But..."

she paused, staring into your eyes as you lifted your head from her shoulder. She took your hands into hers and said, "seeing you with your cousin. Seeing that bond and that love you have for him... I realized that I want that one day. I want to see you with our own baby one day."

"Oh, Kenny," you smiled.

"I want to have a family with you. I know we're young and we've got our whole lives ahead of us. But I needed you to know that. It's something I can't stop thinking about now. You and our own little bundle of joy. One that looks like you."

She let go of your hand to brush a lock of hair behind your ear.

"One day, when that day comes, whenever it may be, it will be one of the greatest days of my life. I want you to know that, whenever you're ready, I am too. I'm so in love with you."

You blinked away a tear that was threatening to fall before throwing your arms around her to bring her in for a loving kiss.

"I want that, too."

She grinned happily, her eyes filled with stars as she dropped her forehead onto your own. "I love you more than you'll ever know. I can't wait to have a family with you one day."

"I can't wait either." You spoke happily. "I love you too," you whispered against her lips before pressing them back onto hers once more.