she gives you the silent treatment (requested)

You let go of a deep breath as you walked through the front door. You were surprised to find Kendall sat on the couch with a blanket over her lap and a movie playing instead of her sat in silence, angry or frustrated with you.

You closed the door louder than you usually would to try to wordlessly let her know you were home. She didn't look your way and instead kept her focus on the film. You took off your shoes by the door and kicked them aside before shrugging off your hoodie and walking over to the sofa.

"Kenny?" You mumbled as you stared at her, finding her to be calm and collected; the oppisite of what you thought she'd be. "I know I forgot about our date and I'm so sorry. I lost track of time. The day just flew by and I-" you paused with a sigh as you quickly realized you were only rambling off excuse, which you hated.

You tried to reach for her hand but she pushed yours away wordlessly. You didn't argue or try to reach for it again. She must be frustrated with you.

The silence in the air was uncomfortable. Not a word was exchanged between the two of you, the only words being that of the dialogue in the movie.

"I feel terrible. I really do." You said as you stared at her, but she acted as though you didn't even exist. "Kenny, please. I know I forgot our date and I'm so sorry. Please talk to me. If you're mad at me, you can tell me and I won't get upset at you for it."

She shook her head and sighed while she laid her cheek on her hand.

"You're hurt." You whispered sadly. "I know you are and I hate that it's because of me. But you know me, baby. You know I'd never forget anything important to you on purpose."

"It was only important to me?" She asked but her voice was so quiet you almost didn't hear her.

"That's not what I meant. It's important to me too, baby. You know that."

She was silent, clenching her jaw and staring at her hands on her lap. She swallowed the lump in her throat. She was hurt and you could tell, and you understood why.

"Tell me what's on your mind." You said and tried to take ahold of her hand but she still wouldn't let you. "Please don't bottle it up. Don't give me the silent treatment. Youi can talk to me. Please talk to me..." you pleaded. "I miss the sound of your pretty voice."

"Do you even realize how important this was? The reservations I made at this spot weren't easy to get and I managed to somehow and I was so excited to spend some quality time with you. Because we've both been busy lately and I feel like the only time I see you is when we lay in bed at night."

You hung your head as the guilt overwhelmed you. But you nodded, because you understood the disappointment she must feel.

"All I could think about this busy week is you. How we'd spend the evening together, just the two of us. And then I waited at the restaurant and you never showed and I was so... sad."

"I know."

"I didn't know if I'd get upset with you. The silent treatment was better than me exploding and saying things I might regret."

"I understand." You said and you were so busy looking into her sad eyes that you didn't even notice her reaching for your hand until she took it into her own and then intertwined your fingers.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just,"

"Disappointed?" You finished, to which she nodded slowly.

"I know. I'm so sorry. I swear it wasn't on purpose and I feel awful about it. But, if you'll let me, I'd like to make it up to you. It's getting late but I was thinking we could spend the rest of the night together and then go out tomorrow evening since neither of us are busy."

And for the first time today, you watched her smile and it brought such happiness to you that you couldn't even put it into words.

"I'd like that."

You moved into her arms and felt relieved when she held you tight.

"What are we watching?"

"I have no idea. Some movie that sucks, honestly." She laughed. "I just turned it on to distract myself from you for a while but it's not good so let's find something else."

"You choose. I'm up for anything, just as long as we're okay."

She tilted your chin up and placed a soft kiss to your lips.

"We're okay, baby. I promise." She reassured and held you tight.